Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL - Lies or no Lies

VW

I noticed on WL site they now have a woman in the conrer making some very specific claims. So just for the fun of it I decided to ask WL some questions, here's the small conversation we had...

"Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Tracy'
Tracy: Hello! Tracy here, how can I help you?
you: Hi, I noticed that your little woman down here says your lasers are guarenteed to be the most powerful lasers on the market. Yet, I've read time and time again that WickedLasers ship out underpowered units. I was just wondering how you justify that as I'm seriously concidering picing up the Pulsar.
Tracy: Our pulsar series is the most powerful series of red lasers available in the market. There may have been instances where our some of our customers and we gladly replaced it or gave them a full refund.
you: Are you sure? I specifically remember Dragon Lasers releaseing a 150mW red laser, why is the Pulsar better than theirs?
Tracy: They are using a low quality laser diode since they sell CNI lasers which are generally cheap lasers.
you: Hmm, it states the laser is DPSS. Is the Pulsar DPSS as that would be a great plus, especially for the price...
Tracy: Yes, all of our lasers are DPSS lasers.
you: Okay, well thanks for your help, I may be making a purchase very soon.
Tracy: You're welcome."

;D

Of course I ain't buying shit from WL, but hey. According to DL their Spartan RP is the very first DPSS red laser on the market. Is there any truth in that? Or are WL talking out of their back side? Also CNI cheap, low quality lasers? Ahahaha...

Razako

The dragonlasers spartan RP is indeed dpss. WL is just lying their asses off again.

Switch

Tracy: Yes, all of our lasers are DPSS lasers.
:D :D :D :D :D
OMG, why did you stop there dude??? :'( It would've been so hilarious to see how Tracy knows nothing about lasers , haha ;D

EDIT: I couldn't help myself.....DPSS conversation with Tracy in progress ;D

Ace82

freshert said:
u should of asked Tracy what dpss meant ;)
:'( I agree! :'(

You missed the icing on the cake man! She probably would have just asked someone though.

I think that WL can't be complete idiots, and they probably ban anyone who knows anything about lasers on LC. They should catch on from the types of questions asked who their dealing with by now. They must see the pattern. I like the nonsense sexual questions another member made I think it's on this thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206557928

Switch

Well here it is.Tracy used google to some extent but I finnaly got her to admit that she has no idea what DPSS means ;D ;D ;D How's that for "LIVE CHAT the laser expert Click here!"? :D

Here's the whole thing
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Tracy'
Tracy: Hello! Tracy here, how can I help you?
you: hi
Tracy: hi
you: I have a confusion and would like to ask a few questions
Tracy: ok
you: about the red lasers
Tracy: sure
you: is the pulsar a dpss laser?
you: im not even sure what that means, but someone told me that dpss is better
you: i would like to buy a red laser, and I searched a lot but wickedlasers and dragon lasers is all that i could find that sell red lasers, and the dragon red laser is really expensive
you: but they say its because its dpss, and that dpss is superior to a non dpss....
you: I couldnt find this info about the wicked pulsar series, can you clarify please? :/
Tracy: Basically all of our lasers are DPSS which includes our Pulsar Series.
you: so the pulsar is dpss just like the dragonlasers' spartan series.......any chance you could explain what dpss is, and how is it better than a regular laser, cause I really dont know
Tracy: DPSS stands for "diode-pumped solid-state" which means these lasers are made of high-powered laser diode that produces the green light you see from our pointers. DPSS lasers are from the CLASS IIIB and are some of the brightest lasers available.
you: ok, im more confused now, so only green lasers are DPSS ? or are the red ones too?
Tracy: It includes the red lasers.
you: ok so the pulsar and the dragonlasers spartan, are both DPSS.....but the pulsar is much cheaper, are you sure it's dpss too? cause it doesnt say on your site
you: I just wanna be really sure, because there's a big price difference and I don't realize how dragonlasers justifies it
Tracy: Actually, all I know is that we only sell DPSS lasers which means all of our lasers are DPSS. If you want concrete information regarding the Pulsar Series, please send an email to support@wickedlasers.ocm
Tracy: support@wickedlasers.com
you: ok, well I guess I'll do that then, thank you for your support so far
Tracy: WElcome
Some laser expert....Can't answer a basic question...you could probably find 100 active members per day here that can answer that question.Tracy is probably their secretary instructed to answer with "our lasers are the best in any way" and use google on technical questions :D

She assured me, the unknowing confused potential customer that the pulsar is DPSS. ::)

EDIT: I wonder if I went to the extent of sending an E-mail, would I get the same ignorant answers?

1500th post :D

Poor Tracy.

You should be mean to the main corporate guys at WL, not the support staff. They have no say in the quality of the products.

but they're the image of the company..if they dont capacitate the staff they hire then it's their fault.

Switch

I wasn't mean to her.I just wanted to proove that she has no knowledge of basic things.And that WL went about the cheap way and probably use whoever is close to a computer as Tracy or John without really hiring live support laser experts because (oh no) that would cost money, and their profit would be smaller, and we can't have that since MOST of the questions can be answered by anybody, and just a small percentage of those questions need a knowledgeable person to answer them. :p

I can't get the damn live chat thing to work!! Halp meh!

Didn't work for me on opera either.You should try IE if you were trying something else. :-/

VW to answer your question Wicked Lasers = epic fail and all positive comments made about them have to be justified by the speaker then approved by a forum member who is well know and reliable. eg the WL core(5mw greenie) is ok.
;) :p

Well, I'm not defending Wicked.

But I don't think it's fair to attack the customer support. I mean, it's not their fault the products are bad.  But they are the ones that have to deal with all the problems bad quality causes.

And even how it advertises a 'laser expert'. That isn't the fault of the customer support people, that's the fault of the people who hired her for lying to the customers about her qualifications (and probably lying about what her job was when they hired her).

VW

Murudai said:
Well, I'm not defending Wicked.

But I don't think it's fair to attack the customer support. I mean, it's not their fault the products are bad.  But they are the ones that have to deal with all the all the problems bad quality causes.

And even how it advertises a 'laser expert'. That isn't the fault of the customer support people, that's the fault of the people who hired her for lying to the customers about her qualifications (and probably lying about what her job was when they hired her).
I disagree, if I talk to Tracey and ask her if their Pulsar is DPSS and she says yes, once I buy it, I've been scammed.  She's the customer support and should answer questions truthfully, she is essentially the face of the company.  It doesn't matter whether the unit can be RMA'd or not, the point is that lies are lies and their laser isn't DPSS (for example).  Whether that's down to bad management, who knows?  But yeah, she either knows nothing or has been told to say that, so either way she's fully representing the company...

I'd say that's more the fault of Wicked for their lax hiring, they should of checked that these people knew their stuff before employing them.