Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Win thread

Ash

No. It's a legitimate game show called "The Chase". It's on in the UK.

"Fanny Smeller" is what's funny to him, as "fanny" is UK slang for a girl's VJ.

ped

Yeah the host, Bradley Walsh , Has been a comedian in his time , and If you have that "gene" , things like that are simply irresistible , I watched this when It went on the air....I couldnt move for about 15 minuets :crackup: , I think the producers left it in because that scene is pure classic Bradley Walsh :)

"Fanny Smeller" is what's funny to him, as "fanny" is UK slang for a girl's VJ.

So in the end he said "OK Fanny, lets go". was he calling that lady a "see you next Tuesday"?

BTW I've smelled many a fanny myself. :na:

Ash

So in the end he said "OK Fanny, lets go". was he calling that lady a "see you next Tuesday"?
Nope. I believe you misheard. :thinking:
What he actually said was:
"Ok let's move on, c’mon…

... Forget Fanny, lets go."
:yh:

Win? Well maybe :D

bi5efm.gif

ped

^^

A clean change of underwear for that driver please! :)

Last edited:
^^

A clean change of underwear for that driver please! :)

Having actually done something almost exactly like that before in a Z06 Corvette (on dry pavement with way too much hp and a cold day) I can say that I didn't need to change my underwear, but I did catch an adrenaline rush that made it feel like someone was punching my kidneys with a 2x4!

Trevor

Having actually done something almost exactly like that before in a Z06 Corvette (on dry pavement with way too much hp and a cold day) I can say that I didn't need to change my underwear, but I did catch an adrenaline rush that made it feel like someone was punching my kidneys with a 2x4!

When that happens when it's not even wet, it doesn't point to too much horsepower... rather, not enough driver... ;)

Trevor

When that happens when it's not even wet, it doesn't point to too much horsepower... rather, not enough driver... ;)

Trevor

Yeah, you know I'm a NASCAR fan and I watch those guys spin out all the time and I think, "that guy can't drive!" Jimmy Johnson for example, sure he's won five championships. But I've seen him apply a little too much throttle when the car wasn't quite as straight as he thought and go around in circles. I always think, "not enough driver!" :p

Of course there are those who think that if you haven't overdriven your car once or twice, you probably think you are good because you've never even been close to the limit - but in reality you aren't driving your car anywhere near its capability. I mean, some people think that but I would never say that to anyone. ;)

In my situation I was doing about 65mph on the interstate and frustrated with a driver going slow in the left lane. I was in third gear and hit the gas a little too hard just a hair before I was straight enough to get away with it.

It was a cold day which complicates things, more HP than usual and a lot less grip than usual. I drove all the way through it and ended up rolling straight in the correct direction on the right side pavement over the yellow line (emergency pull over area?) and just let the clutch back out and kept going.

I've pretty much been driving performance cars since I started driving. Corvettes since 1999 and Z06's from 2002-2010 and now my current car.

I've never had a "wreck" but I have had some near misses and minor off-road excursions.

Im not a professional race car driver to be sure, but I feel confident in my abilities. :)

Trevor

Of course there are those who think that if you haven't overdriven your car once or twice, you probably think you are good because you've never even been close to the limit - but in reality you aren't driving your car anywhere near its capability. I mean, some people think that but I would never say that to anyone. ;)

I've run in autocross. :)

In my situation I was doing about 65mph on the interstate and frustrated with a driver going slow in the left lane. I was in third gear and hit the gas a little too hard just a hair before I was straight enough to get away with it.

Hitting the gas too hard does not mean the car has too much horsepower. :)

Trevor

daguin

Old saying in construction . . .

It is a poor mechanic that blames his tool

Peace,
dave

LOL,

I think you guys misunderstood. I made a mistake. I only mentioned the HP in terms of the fact that it was a COLD day compared to what I am used to - resulting in a good bit more torque/hp than typical.

TYPICALLY when I would hit the gas hard in 3rd gear at 65mph there would be no way the tires would break traction. I've done it many a time.

On THAT particular day, cold tires = harder rubber and cold air = more hp/torque and they broke loose unexpectedly.

I'm not blaming the car. I was just explaining how I made the mistake. I know there are an unbeleievable amount of perfect people here on the forum, I sure keep running into them!

I am not one of those people. I wish that I was, but I do make mistakes. I do think that there is some argument to be made regarding mistakes over time. If you make a lot of mistakes over a short period of time, then you might be a bad driver. If you drive spiritedly a lot and only make a few small mistakes over a long period of time then I'd say that makes you a pretty good driver.

But even pretty good drivers make mistakes, especially if they are driving near the limits a good bit...

Last edited:
I've run in autocross. :)

You ever hit a cone?

Hitting the gas too hard does not mean the car has too much horsepower. :)

Trevor

It did that day. The cold air and and hard tires caused a loss of traction while doing something that would not have typically caused a loss of traction.

:horse:

Trevor

If you can afford performance vehicles then I definitely recommend learning how to properly control said vehicles. Skip Barber Racing School is located fairly near you - I highly recommend them.

That, or learn how to control your skids by yanking your handbrake while cornering in a wet parking lot. It is both enjoyable and useful for learning how to immediately control a skid, should you manage to get yourself into one.

Trevor

I already know how to control my car thanks!

I've had the pleasure of doing an event with Travis Pastrana at the Michelin test track in Laurens SC not too long ago. (he was better than me.)

You seem to not be reading my posts, or not understanding them. :thinking:

I haven't yanked the emergency brake on a car to intentionally cause a slide since high school. Wow...

Last edited:

Trevor

I already know how to control my car thanks! I haven't yanked the emergency brake on a car to intentionally cause a slide once high school. Wow...

The key here is putting your car sideways in a controlled environment in order to learn how to right the car. Most schools - including police adacemies - use this technique (that you think juvenile) to lock the rear wheels and induce a skid on a skid pad. It's a proven method of learning, and is not below you.

Based on what you said above about doing something similar to that gif, you could use a bit more of that "high school" training.

When you wrap your Corvette around something, I hope you live, and I hope it's a telephone pole and not an innocent pedestrian. :yabbem:

Good day sir.

Trevor