Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who was the first one...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice, Chicxulub, you've got a real "survivor" there, keep it safe! :yh:

Jerry, I'm usually the guy who can't see peoples photos, this time I can see it fine.

Does this pic show up for you, I just downloaded and copied his photo?

Xhuqden.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that is nice. And also great to have you posting again. I have a 660nm laser from ~2008. It is very low power, so I keep it out all the time. I have other older lasers, but they are gas lasers. Thanks for sharing your EDC 405nm build, Chicxulub.

Thanks guys, especially @BowtieGuy for helping me through my post-Photobucket ineptness lol

That raises a question... can you guys see my avatar or my sig pic?

I hope I can hang on to this laser forever. My son has taken quite a shine to it however, so I'm not entirely sure how possible that will be LOL

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I can see your avatar, but there is just a big minus sign in a circle for your sig.

well since this thread has come back-- Leslie Wright & Dr Sam dissected a PS in March (8th) 2007-we talked at length about the 405 at Sam's first SELEM-- btw he came back the next year but afaik not again--He only came to the first SELEM after we kidnapped him and covered most of his expenses-- several member REALLY stepped up with Sam's transport-- Alex/Jeff/and IIRC BUNGY''

- I did a little search and could not find where anyone else did this before Les and Sam--

Back then it was all about buying whole drives or even just the sleds from DVD drives and later Blu-Ray drives :)

Plain diodes didn't pop up much at that point on here.

You had to work for your diode and half the time destroy it in the process of harvesting it.

Not like these young punks who are handed everything :)

We also walked to school 20 miles uphill, both ways in the snow :) :whistle:

I remember hearing about a 100mw pen (650nm) back in late 07. I bought one from him (later found out he wasa PL member)

Paid a pretty penny for it and learned about this forum through him and digging about.

Back then it was all about buying whole drives or even just the sleds from DVD drives and later Blu-Ray drives :)

Plain diodes didn't pop up much at that point on here.

You had to work for your diode and half the time destroy it in the process of harvesting it.

Not like these young punks who are handed everything :)

We also walked to school 20 miles uphill, both ways in the snow :) :whistle:

I remember hearing about a 100mw pen (650nm) back in late 07. I bought one from him (later found out he wasa PL member)

Paid a pretty penny for it and learned about this forum through him and digging about.

So, you got to go to school, then. We didn't get shoes until we were old enough to buy our own and I had to wear hand-me-downs from my big sister. We had to destroy Pioneer laser discs to get our red He-Ne lasers and modify the power supply to run outside of the disc. :evil:

So, you got to go to school, then. We didn't get shoes until we were old enough to buy our own and I had to wear hand-me-downs from my big sister. We had to destroy Pioneer laser discs to get our red He-Ne lasers and modify the power supply to run outside of the disc. :evil:

I was late to the laser party. :)

Although I did get to play with the old HeNe Laser pointers in the early 90s for work

But that stuff doesn't really matter BECAUSE>>>>>> it all pre-dates this forum - and you were late to LPF. :) :crackup: SO ....:na:

Last edited:
so----:whistle::crackup:---

Has anyone 'claimed' a date prior to March 8 2007?
;)

Leslie Wright- in Scotland.
He, by day works with invisible lasers (Xray)and
does art with them on the side.
Old friend of Sam.

read it.

This could be used as a tutorial on doing a sled dissection all the way through and great follow-up.

great pics- clearly well written.
and NOT your everyday sled- he found some surprizes in there--
that alone took some skillz.

here- if you failed to look.

http://www.fineartradiography.com/ho...ray/index.html

Last edited: