Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which is best for a cheap green?

Hi guys,

I apologise in advance if this type of post is not welcome here but I'm just looking for some quick opinions on where is the best place to get a cheap 50mW green laser pointer.

At the moment I am looking at LedShoppe (www ledshoppe com/Product/ledp/LP1076 htm) (replace spaces with dots)
and at DX (www dealextreme com/details dx/sku 1371).
Since their prices are very comparable I was wondering if people had any preferences towards either in terms of quality and laser output.

Any other suggestions for places to get them would also be appreciated,
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 8382

both companies aren't giving problems from ths forum members. Personally I would go for the dealextreme one ofc.

If you are in USA, and still want a 50mW green one, then use some member here to ship it.
I'll do it for only what the shipping costs are ofc, but if you find somone inm canada doing that u can save one or two bucks. Here it's like 5-6 bucks to send it certified and 3-4 to send it normal.

Make your choise :p (also ask ledshope if they can send you to usa, i don't think neither dx and ledshope will put many problems if you ask it please, they can easyly do it just by saying its a torch or anything else)

Yours,
Albert

No that's not necessary dealextreme shipped me a true 100 mW and my friend the true 50 mW they will not cancel on you trust me moe sure it's the true 50 not the regular 50 and your package will say electronic gadget or flashlight pen that's what mine said they didn't gives trouble.
Check out my posts with my dealextreme true 100

Thanks guys, although shipping is not an issue for me as I live in New Zealand.
I am more interested in quality and light output.
I read in a post somewhere that someone had better results with one of the LedShoppe lasers than DX but also from what I have read laser brightness output can vary quite a lot if they are not of good quality.

From what I've read in the responses to my LEDShoppe company thread and user posted reviews, it seems LEDShoppe's pointers have consistently better output than those from DX.

Another bonus to consider is that LEDShoppe is willing to send replacements for broken/defective pointers with basically no questions asked.

WRM

I just bought a 50mW from LED Shoppe and it was about $23 which included shipping. There are coupon codes everywhere that will take 10% off. The laser was delivered in 9 days to the US.     Bill