Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Whats wrong with wickedlasers?

ixfd64

From what I've heard, Wicked recently has been trying very hard to improve its reputation and product quality. I certainly hope it succeeds.

Hmm, thread necro.

Yeah wicked is certainly trying to bring up their reputation, should be interesting to see where it goes.

Their prices are still way too high though.

WL may be making better units lately, but I for one can't afford to be a test case, at least on my $ ;) I am more tempted to go with CNI LaserGlow and Optotronics for quality units I can be sure are worth my hard to get $. -Glenn

diachi

Wicked lasers - Many bad reviews, underpowered and overpriced with short lifespans, however their new lasers seem to be good from the reviews, and I must say, they look GREAT WL lasers have always looked the best. There are a few people here who are very happy with their WL pointers too, although there are others who are not so happy.

I've not had one to test yet, so I'm not going to bash or compliment too much until I have one in my hands.

Regards,

Adam

I know this thread is 2 months old but I just want mention something about WL. I could swear that that company started out in some college dorm. I remember when I was looking for my 1st 5mW a few years ago and found these young kids on YouTube doing crazy stuff with green lasers and they called themselves Wicked Lasers. I went with another company (BigHa now Jasperlasers) just because I felt like these kids took cheap lasers and juiced them up for resale. Now (if it is the same people) it looks like the "company" was at some time bought out by whoever owns it now because it looks like a legit company and has a cool looking website.

I'm not trying to knock WL even though I haven't heard great things about their products because I have never owned one of theirs but anytime I see their name, it just reminds me of the kids in the dorm room tweaking lasers.

Well all you need to do is go the the Review section of the Forum
and read up on the latest reviews done by members here of their
new FDA compliant 2010 models...

Jerry

If you want gauranteed quality and output, go with one of rocketparrotlet's recommendations.

whats wrong with wicked? lmao they suck... the "review" units they sent out from the 2010 models from what ive read have already started to screw up. they look good and power seems up to spec but why would you pay that much for a laser if it only lasts 1-3months?

My sample SPYDER I is still working above spec and I use it
about 3-5 times a week..

I keep checking it... when/if something happens I'll post it on
my review.. So far so good... :cool:

Jerry

Yes, I too, have a Spyder I and it too is still preforming well. In fact, it seems to be a little better, now I am getting about 250 mW AVG so up about 30 mW from first 2-3 tests. I'll keep reporting good, bad or same. -Glenn

Last edited:
honestly i can't find much reason to pay that much for a laser of that power.....period. seriously, $2000 for a 300mW blu-ray? the battery compartment better be packed with pure cocaine!

Ivan

honestly i can't find much reason to pay that much for a laser of that power.....period. seriously, $2000 for a 300mW blu-ray? the battery compartment better be packed with pure cocaine!

OR the host better be made out of diamonds, but Imagine how many quality lasers you could buy with $2000.

I'm not trying to knock WL even though I haven't heard great things about their products because I have never owned one of theirs but anytime I see their name, it just reminds me of the kids in the dorm room tweaking lasers.

Never forget Bill Gates was once a college kid tweaking software in a garage....

People and companies evolve.

Honestly I can't see paying $500,000.00 for a Lambourghini....

But that's the price I'll need to pay if I want to drive one of my own...
That's probably why I drive a 1991 Honda....:cryyy:

Jerry