Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What happened to my laser/lens? :'(

Sooo.... she flies or no? Btw I don't think the tape would have worked (no offense shane) it just seems like a bad idea.

jArdi

Sooo.... she flies or no? Btw I don't think the tape would have worked (no offense shane) it just seems like a bad idea.

atm, im waiting for my lens to dry under a lamp (middle lens still has some moisture on it)

So right now, here is the best raw pic i can get :)

20130217195124.jpg

It seems perfect to me, however, its a little short on the side where the gold piece on the diode is. There is no more glass on it, (cleaned the rest out and collected it) so im not sure if its supposed to be, but I'd say this is much better than it was :D

thoughts?

Last edited:
It looks good, the only thing I can say is I've taken apart a 3 element to clean it and if you resort to that make sure you use a microfiber cloth or electronics cleaning pads for tv screens and whatnot. Also don't forget order of assembly.

Edit: I guess use a more conservative duty cycle as well, there's a bit of debate when it comes to de-canning 445nm diodes so hit up the 445nm section of the forum and check it out. Searching helps too I'm sure. :beer:

Last edited:

jArdi

It looks good, the only thing I can say is I've taken apart a 3 element to clean it and if you resort to that make sure you use a microfiber cloth or electronics cleaning pads for tv screens and whatnot. Also don't forget order of assembly.

Decided to order one more from DTR - the one i have now im just going to keep around, and the new one is going to stay one the laser - forever. not taking it off, ever (just to keep the diode clean) :beer:

Thank you everyone for all your help :D

jArdi

This was a good thread +rep for OP glad she survived!

Glad you got it worked out.:)

Yeahp and Yeahp! :)

also +rep to all those who helped me!

Also with that hook i didnt even need to take the diode out so it was nice :)

My new batteries should be coming in tomorrow (the ones I have now where extracted from a shot laptop battery) so when they come and there fully charged Ill put up a review.
So happy now - thanks you all :)