Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to make own 445nm blue laser pointer - Convoy S2+ host

patrykz103

I'm at a loss.
What is this 3D printing about? You 3D printed molds in plastic of some type and saw that they fit?
Why not turn down your heatsink so the front will fit instead of buying a tap?

Any ways, hope it works out.. Good luck.
Unfortunately, I needed to delete my comment - when i printed out longer "bolt" to check if thread will fit, at the end of this bolt i cant turn it at all.
I wanted to make prototype model of threaded bolt, to check If this thread is same like I printed out. If it will be the same as this in Convoy S2+ host head, i can made this retaining ring to screw down heatsing with laser inside.

loreadarkshade

Yes, I do use the original brass holder which pushes up against the aluminium module.
14mm in length

It even has set screw pre-tapped if you look closely

How do you check output current ? I need to set this up to 1,8A, i have this driver

Another way is to make or buy a dummy load which you connect to the driver. Most make a 1 ohm resistor in series with silicon rectifiers that drop ~ 0.7 volts each. You can then drive it with the appropriate number of diodes and set it. I have often then changed the diode number to make sure it regulates properly.