Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want To Buy: Custom Host

SN P

Hi all, looking to purchase a host kit for around $40 + shipping to the UK. I am interested in any custom hosts or host kits (excluding 501b and Black C6, maybe interested in a polished C6) that can hold a 12mm module with a rectangular driver

Last edited:

SN P

Bump
I've edited the op as it was kindly brought to my attention that $40 shipped leaves no room for a host.
So I'm looking for a host that costs around $40 + shipping. Hopefully nothing in excess of $50

Rifter

$40 for custom is cutting it close, sinner has some nice ones in the 60$ range though.

SN P

What power are you wanting to put out of the laser?

I am looking to output just over 100mW using a PHR 405nm diode

$40 for custom is cutting it close, sinner has some nice ones in the 60$ range though.

I know it's a bit low but by custom I mean a basic custom host (nothing too complex) or even just a polished flashlight host.
I don't really want to use an SL (C6 or S4) host kit.
I've seen a lot of nice hosts by Sinner and other machinists but they are more than what I want to spend for now.

Then get a kryton groove. Best you are going to get for <40$.

40$ is just too low of a budget for a custom made host, by anyone.

SN P

Then get a kryton groove. Best you are going to get for <40$.

40$ is just too low of a budget for a custom made host, by anyone.

I looked into getting one but I was told that I wouldn't be able to put a 12mm module into the host and that the diode has to be pressed directly into it.
I already have the diode and it's pressed into a 12mm module so I would need a host that can hold one

Last edited:
You could always drill out the pressfit hole to seat the 12 mm module. ;) 11.9 mm should do it. :beer:

P.S the bare custom host is $ 32 + shipping.

Last edited:

SN P

You could always drill out the pressfit hole to seat the 12 mm module. ;) 11.9 mm should do it. :beer:

P.S the bare custom host is $ 32 + shipping.

Don't have access to a drill so that wouldn't be an option but thanks for the suggestion. Might have to just use a flashlight host or increase my budget

upaa27

I have just started buut might be able to make one for ya. PM me if you are interested