Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unleashing the beast Sharp GH04C06X9G !!!

I found this nice little spreadsheet that shows the development of two other twin emitter diodes in green and red!

spreadsheet.png

Could be neat having an RGB collection of dual beam lasers

Ali-X-green-diode.png

You can still find Mitsubishi twin beam reds on ebay and I managed to find an AliExpress listing for the green one but no luck on the blue yet. I wonder if the AliExpress listing is legit though, could just end up receiving a normal green laser diode.

EDIT: I bought one and will report back when it arrives

Last edited:

Darktron

I found this nice little spreadsheet that shows the development of two other twin emitter diodes in green and red!

spreadsheet.png

Could be neat having an RGB collection of dual beam lasers

Ali-X-green-diode.png

You can still find Mitsubishi twin beam reds on ebay and I managed to find an AliExpress listing for the green one but no luck on the blue yet. I wonder if the AliExpress listing is legit though, could just end up receiving a normal green laser diode.

EDIT: I bought one and will report back when it arrives
From the second screenshot in the smaller images it looks like a single emitter 520

From the second screenshot in the smaller images it looks like a single emitter 520
Are you referring to the picture of the raw green output? Multi-emitter diodes will look like that uncollimated. The emitters are so close together that the unfocused output will create a single splash of light, its not until a lens is added and the beams are collimated will you see the separate beams from the separate emitters.

Darktron

Are you referring to the picture of the raw green output? Multi-emitter diodes will look like that uncollimated. The emitters are so close together that the unfocused output will create a single splash of light, its not until a lens is added and the beams are collimated will you see the separate beams from the separate emitters.
Same seller where I found the blue also has the green(way better divergance out of all 3). I'm looking maybe he also has the red(worst divergance ever).
I can say if you do get the correct diode is a good price they are usually double that price.

He’s selling the blue twin beam too? I must have missed that when I looked through his available diodes.

Yeah the cost of the diode does raise some concern on whether it will truly be the twin beam or just another 1W green like we’ve had for years. But even if it is just a regular green at least I won’t have spent a fortune on it.

Darktron

He’s selling the blue twin beam too? I must have missed that when I looked through his available diodes.

Yeah the cost of the diode does raise some concern on whether it will truly be the twin beam or just another 1W green like we’ve had for years. But even if it is just a regular green at least I won’t have spent a fortune on it.
Not the same seller but I've found both not the red 🙁

Could you link the Blue? Might have to snag one of those as well

This morning I got the GH05C01C9G diode, or at least that's what the antistatic bag had written on it. Powered up it produces quite a wide and uncollimated output (not quite linear FAC but close) and the collimated output is just a single spot unfortunately. This diode is probably just a recanned NUGM02 or more likely it's the GH05C01A9G (single emitter).

Pretty bummed about that but it does produce 1W @ 521nm when driven at 1.5A which is pretty spot on with the NDG7475 at that input power. My NDG7475 wavelength shifts all the way up to 525nm at 1W which to me looks just like DPSS 532nm side by side but this new diode is noticeably more blue which is cool.

The hunt continues for double beams!

Last edited:

Darktron

This morning I got the GH05C01C9G diode, or at least that's what the antistatic bag had written on it. Powered up it produces quite a wide and uncollimated output (not quite linear FAC but close) and the collimated output is just a single spot unfortunately. This diode is probably just a recanned NUGM02 or more likely it's the GH05C01A9G (single emitter).

Pretty bummed about that but it does produce 1W @ 521nm when driven at 1.5A which is pretty spot on with the NDG7475 at that input power. My NDG7475 wavelength shifts all the way up to 525nm at 1W which to me looks just like DPSS 532nm side by side but this new diode is noticeably more blue which is cool.

The hunt continues for double beams!
How about the raw beam no lens? At low power 500-700mA?

HunterJackson

So the new Sharp GH04C06X9G has been released!!!
Dual emitter 450nm @ 6W rated at 4A
If anyone is down to get some please share results.
View attachment 76295
I am looking to buy sharp 520nm 1200 mW. Is it single or dual beam. It is the cheapest 1w+diode I can find compared to nichia ndg 7075. It would be an optical nightmare to combine or collimate the 2 beams.

It will be one multimode beam, I've purchased several +1W 520nm diodes that claimed to be multi beam and have not been successful yet

HunterJackson

The diode is called GH05C01B9G. Is it 1 or 2 beams (I am looking for just a single beam)