Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ugh anybody need a driver? seems like hardly anyone is doing builds nowadays...

Giannis_TDM

too bad none of yours work with a single battery :(
Who told you that? I am pretty sure you can run IR's and reds with a 1 cell with the buck and the rest with the boost, please do not say such things without doing a bit of fact-checking, thanks, In fact, most of my builds are one cell with either my boost or buck, I really like my pen styles 🍻

Last edited:
Who told you that? I am pretty sure you can run IR's and reds with a 1 cell with the buck and the rest with the boost, please do not say such things without doing a bit of fact-checking, thanks, In fact, most of my builds are one cell with either my boost or buck, I really like my pen styles 🍻
I always check my facts before posting! :mad: based on your specs at the website

both of the drivers you have listed have a MIN input of 4.2v - Im sorry but a single cell isn't going to cut it for that.

Ideally it may get to 4.2v on a single cell but even if it does, its not going to hold it for long. So either the specs are wrong or something - links are directly below.

If these specs are not correct than I'd be interested in a couple, but I want to run either a 10440 or a 18650 to drive a red.

a Flexdrive, for example is rated from 2.0v to 5.5v input which IS single cell capable.

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

I always check my facts before posting! :mad: based on your specs at the website

both of the drivers you have listed have a MIN input of 4.2v - Im sorry but a single cell isn't going to cut it for that.

Ideally it may get to 4.2v on a single cell but even if it does, its not going to hold it for long. So either the specs are wrong or something - links are directly below.

If these specs are not correct than I'd be interested in a couple, but I want to run either a 10440 or a 18650 to drive a red.

a Flexdrive, for example is rated from 2.0v to 5.5v input which IS single cell capable.
Oh, I deeply apologize, you're in fact correct, for both drivers min vin is 3v, that is reflected on the datasheet too. I will correct it as soon as I get home, thanks!