Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial - My 'Pocket Pal' Blu-ray Laser!

Would I be able to use electrical tape if I pay attention to it and check the tape every once in a while?

daguin

LRMNmeyer said:
Would I be able to use electrical tape if I pay attention to it and check the tape every once in a while?

You CAN do whatever you want. Shrink tubing is just better than tape.

Peace,
dave

Thank you for this guide, i just built two pocket pal's and they work very well! on a scale of 1 - 10 for difficulty id have to say this was an easy 3!

Cheers.

So, in total, does this take enough machining that a first timer would screw it up or is it really easy?

delewareboy said:
So, in total, does this take enough machining that a first timer would screw it up or is it really easy?

Well, I did. :'( Most people would kill the diode, but I somehow killed the driver. :eek: It ended up not working for me, so now I'm down $100. I would recommend the MXDL sidebutton for you to do.

delewareboy said:
It's pretty hard to build...
I wouldn't recommend it for your first build...

i also wouldnt recommend for your first build if your not very familiar with small components and tight spaces.

Davo

i refered to this tutorial when i built my first laser, and now i have a burning BR @100ma and just ordered another driver which will be set @150ma for my next br

The assembly order for the top end would be heatsink > rubber ring > plastic cut out end placed in opposite direction and then the driver right?

I found that it doesn't fit in the torch in that order unless I remove the rubber ring.

i personally do not use the o-ring

out of the 3-4 different suppliers of these pocket pal hosts that i have used all of them have different sized(and style) plastic pieces.

you just have to make sure the pins from the diode will not hit the driver

lamborgini8 said:
The assembly order for the top end would be heatsink > rubber ring > plastic cut out end placed in opposite direction and then the driver right?

I found that it doesn't fit in the torch in that order unless I remove the rubber ring.
Same problem here...
I had to remove the silver plastic thing. For red diodes, i just remove the metal washer.