Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial - My 'Pocket Pal' Blu-ray Laser!

jayrob

I use very fine flexible wire found in a mouse cord. Strip off the insulation and you will have several strands of perfect wire! ;)
Jay

MUCHAS GRACIAS! I have no spare mouse so im using some in an old Ethernet cable. seem just as thin mabey thinner than the mouse wire in this Tut ;D

Pyro01

Would the vic-light with the 8 LED's and built in red laser pointer work just as easily? I assume they are probably built the same except instead of a center LED, there's a red laser point. Besides, I bought 5 of them cause they were like 5 bucks each.

jayrob

If the head unscrews from the body, then I'm sure it could be modified easily. But each host is slightly different, not only in the heatsink length and other measurements, but in heatsink design.

In some hosts, my heatsinks are designed to sit in place, while the head screws on last and holds the heatsink down at the final tightening, as shown here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1223170239/0

But other hosts have a 'final threaded ring' that screws on last and holds the heatsink into the head. See these examples:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1233442476/0

So in order to fit a heat sink properly, I would need the host. (or the head of the host) But first let me know if the head comes apart like some of these other examples...
Jay

jayrob

The heatsink is $23 dollars plus $3 dollars shipping. But I am selling a Hose/heatsink combo as well. See the first post in this thread!

Sending PM...
Jay

jayrob

The washer holds everything in place. You have to work at one area and bend it up to get it out. Then you can flatten it back out, and trim the edges so that it can be used as a washer, instead of a retainer...
Jay

jayrob

jander6442, I am shipping your VicLight Host/Heatsink combo today. (Monday)

You can use the first post in this thread as a tutorial for the assembly! :)
Jay

svars1

hi rob, i was wondering if i can get the ring(it broke while i was taking it out) and the heatsink as i already own the flashlight itself

Eku

Getting that ring out was a bitch, took me a while to get it out in one piece also this host is horrible I have connection problems all the time.

That just my experience oh and threading the to the body takes ALOT of force.

svars1

Getting that ring out was a bitch, took me a while to get it out in one piece also this host is horrible I have connection problems all the time.

That just my experience oh and threading the to the body takes ALOT of force.
lol my ring is not even a ring now lol its like a square
i need a new one

jayrob

It always gets bent out of shape getting it out, then you can flatten it back out with pliers or something...
Jay

lazer

How did yoou get the ring out jayrob? I keep trying to pry mine out but it wont move. Im afraid I will damage the board underneath.

jayrob

You just have to get it bent upwards in one spot with a tiny screw driver or something...

Then you can grip it with a pair of needle nose pliers to keep bending it up in that one spot. As it bends out of shape, it will allow you to take it out.

Then you flatten it back out, and if you have some heavy duty scissors, you can easily trim around the edges to turn it into a 'washer', instead of a retaining ring...
Jay

lazer

Did you have to cut the plastic silver spacer in the black host inorder to make room for the diode and heatsink? I cant get the heatsink and diode in with out shaving some of the plastic on it off. I also had to file the negative contact ring. Maybe my heatsink is to long. Its just big enough to cover the diode in the front half of the axiz head. Im not using the back half of the axiz module.