Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The XBOX 360 HD-DVD high power laser thread

IgorT

There is some heiroglyphic on the back of the diode?

I'm sorry to hear that, Dan.... :(

You people torturer! ;)

flogged said:
Actually, yes. The one 803T I got working I was not able to get a good focus on. It was elongated, strange. Also, my diode was funky. Something was loose in it and the output would jump often when I tapped it. It's possible I damaged the diode extracting it, however it's also possible these are somewhat damaged high power diodes which are still good for use as readers.

I tried both a single element Meredith lens (ldc10), and a three collimator lens assembly - was not able to get a good focus with either.

It's interesting, with the two 'low' power xbox diodes I harvested I was able to get a very tight focus in the spot (and speckly too), despite the spray. the higher power 803T had less spray, but I could never get a good focus with the spot.

I'm hoping it was a problem with my diode, I've got two more on the way.

It sounds like you may have knocked the window on the diode loose. There is a tiny piece of glass or somehting of that nature in the can that could be causing what you are describing. The ones I have put into collimator housings were able to focus normally.

danq -
That heiroglyph on the back is a good sign you have the better diode. This is good news!

danq

climbak said:
danq -
That heiroglyph on the back is a good sign you have the better diode. This is good news!
I know :cool: I was just teasing and stalling for time :-/.

See below...

danq

ok, enough kidding around.

good news/bad news.

Good: PHR-803T

Bad: the very first time I've killed a blu-ray on extraction. No shine. Tested diode-ness on all possible combinations of pins, just to be sure - but all are open-circuit.

Please don't ask all the usual string of "did you try..." or "what precautions/procedures..." questions.

I was not careful enough.
I probably overheated it because my soldering hand is/was shaky and stiff, and my other hand wasn't being terribly cooperative either - so it took too long and I probably just smoked it.

but I have two more!
;)
DanQ

IgorT

Oh, i'm so sorry Dan!

The first time i saw the glorious 405nm beam, it lasted 30 seconds, and then i touched it, and it turned into a zombie.
From then on, they just ooze some 405, but it's hardly worth mentioning. So i know how you feel.

On the other hand, both of mine undied that horrible horrible day (well, one was undead, when i got it), and i haven't seen any 405 since then (other than the occasional ooze, just to remind myself what it looks like). You still have two left. Be very careful! And good luck!

But my PS3 sleds should be here any day, and i wouldn't be surprised, if my X-BOX sleds come sooner... Soon i can finally feast my eyes on this magnificent color agan!

EDIT: God, i think i'm gonna end up like those junkies begging for money in front of stores, pretending it's for food, but it's really going to be for lasers. Unless of course i turn into a dealer, to pay for my addiction... I'll give the first laser away for free to kids in front of schools, so they become addicted.
But when they want more..... ::)

IgorT said:
Unless of course i turn into a dealer, to pay for my addiction... I'll give the first laser away for free to kids in front of schools, so they become addicted. But when they want more..... ::)

Oh Igor! Tell me you won't turn into a laser pimp! (Like the dapper 535nm-wearing fella below... ;D Thanks to Andy for the scanner pic)

Attachments

• LaserPimp.jpg
    LaserPimp.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 87

IgorT

;D Well, i won't dress like that, if that's what you're worried about.. ::)

drlava

added diode comparison graph to first post. looks like a winner, but not as good as the 6x.

hydro

Update: I have received an email from psxboy and all 5 dt0811 have been sent back. They have informed me that the correct replacement have already been shipped EMS. I'll let you guys know when I get it.

danq

...and I feel so stuuupid! :-[

I did not kill my diodes. I just didn't have them connected right. ???thought I'd checked all ways but the brain was obviously the only thing in the room not operating as expected.

anyway.

how about this diagram (that I lifted from another post, by MB500) get posted up top, on this and the 'roundup' threads?
thank you.
31455046pw0gf3.jpg

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :)

IgorT

danq said:
...and I feel so stuuupid! :-[

I did not kill my diodes. I just didn't have them connected right. ???thought I'd checked all ways but the brain was obviously the only thing in the room not operating as expected.

Haha, and you said not to ask you if you are sure you connected it right.. ;)

Well, i'm glad you got it working, and especially, that it is NOT dead!

Things

Damn, and to think i have a Xbo360 sitting right here. Can't tear it for the diode though :( Being near the Xbox after seeing this is like being chained up infront of a truckload of free lazors :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hey Guys,

In reference to my requests I sent out to other suppliers, I received one reply out of five sent.
The one stated 37.90 and that was it. No shipping, no quantity, no nothing to the questions I asked.
I see a language problem here.
But it appears other trusted people here will be selling these in various forms, so I don't see a need to follow-up on that one.
Now if another replies with something like 15 bucks, well then I will keep on it, but if not, I don't see the benefits.
I tried!
Great news that PSX will refund and/or ship the correct one! Puts my mind at ease for the one I have coming.
We will soon all have killer Blues!

Thanks, Joe

IgorT

Yeah, psx-boy finally answered my e-mails as well, and they said they have the PHR-308T in stock in huge quantities, but not the DT0811, altho they thought it is substitutable.

I guess now they know. There is no panic about these sleds at the moment. Looks like they'll be around at least for a while.

iewed

Things said:
Damn, and to think i have a Xbo360 sitting right here. Can't tear it for the diode though :( Being near the Xbox after seeing this is like being chained up infront of a truckload of free lazors  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
The only diode in the 360 sled is a DVD-Reader...