Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thank you

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Guys, just wanted to say thanks for hanging in there during the website upgrade process. I know changes are not easy. I honestly probably should have done this upgrade a long while back; I'm sorry it took so long it just made me nervous that something could get screwed up in the complex process of converting the databases / etc. Going forward I'm going to make a better effort to stay in the current release branch of software (comes with potential risk of more minor bugs, but will never need to worry about getting too far behind on upgrades to catch up easily). And I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has donated, subscribed to LPF, offered advice on how to improve the new site, contributed awesome content, etc. If you cannot donate there are other ways you can help like linking back to LPF if you have a website, or sharing the site on social media using the "share this page" option.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. For me it's gonna be the usual stair climbing, tennis, ab workouts, and football watching on Sunday (go Giants).

Best Regards,

-Ave

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You're welcome, I was pretty pessamistic about this change over, but it has come along pretty well in the last couple of weeks, with all the little tweaks here and there. (y)
There are still a few things I liked better with the old system, but I guess you can't have at all. :)

Have yourself a great weekend also.

I'm hoping my lowly Lions can get it done two weeks in a row.

Appreciate this post, and the work put forth not only brining it up to date, but the pragmatic approach going forward. There are a lot of unsung heroes behind the technology in great sites that so many people enjoy. I think there is a lot of intelligence in this group, and most of this forum's members (thankfully) realize it takes work (and funds) to keep this afloat. Thanks so much for being the hero and I hope to show support how/when I can.

Have a great one!

Hi Avery,
Thank you for all the hard work put forward in this project. Sure it was a little hard to get used to at first but with little exploring the new site it came out great. Great job Rep ++++ buddy.
But I miss the old funny icons they were the best,
Rich:)

Thanks, Avery. Everything looks good now. I have been wondering if we still have access to older PMs from before this changeover. I have important information in those PMs and never thought I would need to back them up for any reason.

Hi, Alex. Now that you are in school, I don't see you here as much. Great to see you posting. ;)

Hi paul!

I know. School really dosent take up much of my day, I just need to push myself to stop and say hi to everyone. Getting busy doing other things apart from school. :)

-Alex

Really? I remember school taking almost all of my time back in the 1970s. I also had a full time job, so between it and school and my studies, I had no free time at all. I was running from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. five days a week and spent weekends playing catch up.