Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

techlaser infinity series 15mW

Yeah, you will never find an overspec 15mW like that. It's been mislabeled. I'd say it's actually an Infinity 150.

Murudai said:
Yeah, you will never find an overspec 15mW like that. It's been mislabeled. I'd say it's actually an Infinity 150.
so what are the chances of that from a company like techlasers? i heard that they arn't a very good place to buy from. if they are that bad, then this may be a common thing. only being labeled higher instead of lower like mine.

It says <20mw on the sticker? Well add 0 behind the numbers, so that it says <200mw. That should be more correct. :D

I've heard of people receiving the wrong model of laser before, so it isn't too uncommon.

Chad

maxkillz said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1219266979/0#11 date=1219289635]That's incredible  :eek:

A Techlaser 15mW has matched a NOVA 150mW. Never thought I'd say those words...

Where do you live? I'd LOVE to see this thing get meter tested. Maybe someone near to you has a meter...
detroit, mi. know anyone near there???[/quote]

I'm in Georgia... but hell, I'll cover shipping if you want this tested. I've gotta see this! :D

D

Dr.LaSeR

WOW !!  :eek:  :eek:
may be my next high powered green is from techlasers
in the pictures compareing INFINTY 15 to X-150 like comparing DX 10mw to X-100
add extra 0 to the warnig sticker  ;D
EDIT : My x75 can't pop colered ballon

Hmm, I don't think it's quite worth it still buying from TechLaser.

Like, 1 good laser out of hundreds of bad ones :p Thems some bad odds there ::)

i have a techlaser 95 i did have a button problem other that that its great but i didn't know of nova lasers now i have a x100 from nova and a infinity95  both are the same unit cni  only nova has a way better rep than techlaser go NOVA

edit i once bought 5 ebazers 5 mw and one measured 78 mw i dont know why or how it was a newish style musta been mislabeld also -oh i sold it for 55 bucks paid 14 hell ya ;)

john_lawson said:
i have a techlaser 95 i did have a button problem other that that its great but i didn't know of nova lasers now i have a x100 from nova and a infinity95 both are the same unit cni only nova has a way better rep than techlaser go NOVA

edit i once bought 5 ebazers 5 mw and one measured 78 mw i dont know why or how it was a newish style musta been mislabeld also -oh i sold it for 55 bucks paid 14 hell ya ;)
well i think the lack of quality control got me this, also compared to the x-150 the button and clip are on the opposite sides, are they just copies or does it differ with every laser? both the nova and dragon are the same but tech is the opposite.

infinity on right x-150 on left

Attachments

• DSC06287_jpg_resized.jpg
    DSC06287_jpg_resized.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 105
Could it be possible that you mixed up your lasers? Make sure the serial numbers match with the correct laser. That's incredible...

RA_pierce said:
Could it be possible that you mixed up your lasers? Make sure the serial numbers match with the correct laser. That's incredible...
yes im sure that i didn't mix them up, the infinity still has the <20mW sticker on it

Just FYI...I ordered the Infinity 95 and received it about 4 days later. It included a test report that matched the serial number on the laser. It is amazingly bright and burns through electrical tape with no hesitation. The report says it averages 121 mW. I believe the lowest reading was 111 mW and the highest was over 129 mW's. I realize the reports could be faked but from using it with regular Radio Shack AAA alkalines it rox! The beam is visible in almost all conditions and at night it is solid to infinity. Perhaps I got lucky but I also think that Techlasers and CNI are trying to change their reputation. I bought the summer promotion with the glasses, optics, caps, etc. It is all first class including the dragon case! I know this is only my 2nd post and no I don't work for techlasers (USAF). But to pay for a 95 mW laser and receive a 125mW+ was a nice surprise. Just thought I would give techlasers some positive info...

Chad

to counter all the positiveness...

I've got 2 lasers from them. One was a 75mW, which was a total POS from day one. They ignored my customer service emails for almost a year, and then I get an email from the FREAKING CEO, who says he'll personally pick a 125mW out for me, plus a crapload of accessories, and send it ASAP to make up for my trouble. Guess what? the "personally picked" unit was just as much of a POS as the first one, with mode hopping and power loss galore. Fun stuff. >.<

Murudai said:
Hmm, I don't think it's quite worth it still buying from TechLaser.

Like, 1 good laser out of hundreds of bad ones :p Thems some bad odds there ::)

The only problem I've had with my Infinity 75 is that it mode hops when the battery is low. but quite honestly this is a good thing because it lets me know roughly how much battery I have left. Other than that, the divergence is just fine and the power rating seems to be what they claim (it pops balloons, stings skin, and can sometimes light a black tipped match). I've had it for 8 months and it's still working like new.

I got my laser around when they were new so idk maybe they went downhill from then.