Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder III 473nm

Who here owns a WL S3 473nm? I know Smeerworst has one and Trevor used to, does anyone else have one? I'm asking because I might be interested in purchasing one :beer:

Personally I'd never buy anything from wicked lasers. I'd rather (and am) buy one from Gray at Jet Lasers. See the group buy going on in the GB sub forum and the recent reviews posted in the reviews section.

I'm aware I just like the host. And WL's old products are very good, just the past few years haven't been very good

I dunno how many people have them since their original price tag was over $1000 if I remember... though yes WL was very good in the past.

You'd probably have better luck buying a krypton and putting a custom module in it. (That's what I want to do with a 671nm)

norbyx

I LOVE WICKED LASERS.... (just wrote that for all the users that hate them):eg:

I really will never understand such hostility over a brand. You don't like it, well don't buy it, but to post "I would never buy a WL" in a thread opened by a user that has his signature FULL of wicked lasers is somewhat ofensive in my opinion.

If you don't like the Wicked Lasers don't buy them, but to post time and time again that they aren't the most powerful lasers, that they are underspec, ecc...ecc... is just boring.

I have two wicked lasers and I like them both. The first is a Kripton that almost hits 1W of 532, the second is an Artic that hits about 900mW, so... THEY ARE UNDERSPEC.... SO WHAT.... WHO CARES, do you think that 100mW in the 445 would make much of a difference? or 40mW on a 532?
On the plus side they are the safest lasers I have ever handeled, no kid (or adult for that matter) could turn this laser on unless he knows the sequence on the power button. They feel solid, heavy, look great, and offer variable power output.

So I like wicked lasers, as many other users do...

I LOVE WICKED LASERS.... (just wrote that for all the users that hate them):eg:

I really will never understand such hostility over a brand. You don't like it, well don't buy it, but to post "I would never buy a WL" in a thread opened by a user that has his signature FULL of wicked lasers is somewhat ofensive in my opinion.

If you don't like the Wicked Lasers don't buy them, but to post time and time again that they aren't the most powerful lasers, that they are underspec, ecc...ecc... is just boring.

I have two wicked lasers and I like them both. The first is a Kripton that almost hits 1W of 532, the second is an Artic that hits about 900mW, so... THEY ARE UNDERSPEC.... SO WHAT.... WHO CARES, do you think that 100mW in the 445 would make much of a difference? or 40mW on a 532?
On the plus side they are the safest lasers I have ever handeled, no kid (or adult for that matter) could turn this laser on unless he knows the sequence on the power button. They feel solid, heavy, look great, and offer variable power output.

So I like wicked lasers, as many other users do...

Batteries exploded, they scammed people (never sent products), sent crap goggles, didn't answer emails (post selling), didn't answer calls (again after selling), sold underspec lasers, they even made a dual laser for "laser saber fight". That just sucks, imagine 1W light pointing forward, and 1W BACKWARDS. And you swinging that around. THEY RECOMMEND IT. "Fight with your friends".

The only cool thing is the hosts. BUT there are clones. Afterall, its a chinese company!

EDIT: if you have money to waste on underspec crap, it is a good bet to buy from wl :beer:

Last edited:

norbyx

What are the "original" hosts that wicked laser copied them from? I never saw them...but if there are others I would certainly buy one.

"There are clones." I didn't said "these" are clones.

Other chinese companies copied WL design, or vice-versa.

Lazerer Rifle looks a lot with the arctic. Some companies in alibaba have "arctics" for selling too.

Last edited:
The reason behind posting it over and over again is since, yes the vets and regulars here know the risks they are taking when buying from WL but 0% (and i am pretty confident in saying 0% in this case) of the guests or new members know about WL's reputation. Even yourself, who knows the risks with WL, may not know everything about WL's history. I'm sure i don't either but for paying customers to wait OVER ONE YEAR to receive their lasers is freakin ridiculous and for them to be under-spec when they finally did get them is just a slap in the face.

I'm sure you saw the post recently about how many guests there were on this site (what was it, like 30,000 or something crazy). I'm willing to say 100 of those 30,000 may know anything about WL's past and that would be 0.003%. maybe 20,000 have heard of WL as being the "worlds most powerful lasers" which used to be true when they were the only one trying for the world record but now that's just an advertising gimmick to trick uneducated buyers into spending their money. then maybe 10,000 have never heard of WL before. i know this is all speculated and guessed but you get the idea.

We are here to help new members and each other. not getting ripped off is part of helping. if after hearing the warnings people still want to buy from WL then be our guest, but at least we had the opportunity to warn them. it would be mean if we recommended WL and people were getting under-spec lasers. i don't know about you but if i pay for a 1W 532nm and get anything under 1W average power then I'd be pissed. who cares if a laser peaks at 1W if it drops to 800mW average :thinking:

I own one WL product and the only reasons i bought it was A) it wasn't from WL, but a member here B) i plan on taking it apart and making it my own C) it has a nice unique host that i cant find anywhere else. I also dont label it as WL when i talk about it since it wont be a WL product for long but yet a LL creation :D

The Arctic and Krypton aren't unique, the features may be unique but the host style is not. Lazerer and JetLaser have the same styling cues and IMO JetLaser does it better but that's my opinion not necessarily everyone else.

Thats the great thing, everyone is entitled their own opinions and if someone doesn't like mine then great, i don't take offense to it. If you and hwang like WL and want to take the risks then go for it, at least both of you are well informed of the risks. personally i am not going to sit back and let new member buy from WL without knowing the risks. if after knowing these, they still want to buy from them then so be it.

It may be old news to some, but remember, not everyone is as well informed as us so it could be news to them.

Respectfully,
Livinloud :beer:

DJNY

I LOVE WICKED LASERS

Different people, different opinions and experiences.

As this is an open forum, ppeople are allowed to share their experiences and recoomedn or not recommend a product. LtKernelPanic even used the word "personally" in his statement to show that it is his specific opinion based on a product or/and company.

My opinion is, that he should get a Spyder III 473nm if he want one. As WL don´t produce this one any longer, the only chance is to get it from another member and Ißm sure this specific member tested it to be OK.
But for much less money, it´s possible to get an even more powerful "clone".

Last edited:
I'd rather have the 473nm PL-E pro from jetlasers or a custom build using a 473nm Lasever module. hmmm, looks like lasever doesn't have these anymore, so jetlasers

Last edited:
I love my SPyder III 473nm

Infact it's the best 473nm handheld i own at the moment ^^

* I like the yellow LED's in it :)

:drool:

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:
Well I didn't exactly mean this to become a flame thread... but yeah, I think WL's decent. Certainly not the best place to buy from, but all of their lasers have pretty nice hosts, at least. And btw, for you WL haters, try to find me a "battery exploding, crap goggles, etc" issue from WL within the past year. You guys are bringing up old news, they seem to (at least) be better than before. They've still got underspec units, I'll admit. But I don't think you're risking your life or something buying from WL. News is news: new information. I wouldn't expect the same news from 4+ years ago on a company to haunt them forever and keep coming back. It can serve useful warning to new members, but the past should be the past, focus on the present.

Btw, I don't see any issue with WL being a chinese company. Are you trying to associate almost every laser company to the cheap and shoddy quality components that can be found everywhere that have now been stereotyped into the "made in china" crap? That's not a very accurate representation of a chinese company. Need I mention CNI, for instance?

As far as I know, their customer service is excellent nowadays. Their customer support team is huge now after their Arctic incident... I don't see much of an issue with that. Also, I don't recall WL EVER encouraging users to "fight" with their Sith series or Arctic series lasers... IIRC they even had a checklist to make sure you understood the extreme dangers of 1W lasers before you could even put the laser in the cart. I have no idea where you got that from :thinking: Their emphasis on safety doesn't seem to be lacking compared to other companies, they have laser danger warnings both on their laser warning labels and on a separate sheet shipped with your laser.

I have yet to say my WL products are absolutely "crap from china"... If you actually own a WL product and have a negative experience, by all means don't buy from them again. But I see a lot of WL haters here who have never even spoke with WL or purchased anything from them. How can you blindly repeat 4+ year old news trying to discourage new members to buy a WL product? Sure they can be underspec and a bit overpriced, but that doesn't mean you go around saying it's crap and dangerous especially if you've never even owned one... try not to inflate the situation, I see the occasional problems other companies have and the reviewers blow right by the issue. Why do we drag and drag the issues WL has had, 4+ years ago? I hardly see any issues other than underspec units nowadays...

That being said...

Sooo does anyone here own a S3 473nm? :p

I think it's great WL refunded me the money i had to pay customs once :)
Also won a free laser on there FB page. (Phoenix)
Got a new tailcap, for free.
Had a 50% discount coupon for the trouble i had with my krypton. (when it first came out)
Buyed the 1.25W arctic (later) from it wich does 1.4W.

Dunno... about you all :thinking:

Only problem i see with them is there overpriced nano series, aldo the host sure (once again) looks nice.

Maybe i'm just Lucky, or just a nice guy :p

Last edited:
I think you're one of many, actually. Several of my WL lasers are gifts (albeit mostly Cores :p) they replaced a couple of my endcaps for free, once a scratched lens for free (besides shipping), etc...

And 15mW of green for $100? :wtf:

I'd rather have the 473nm PL-E pro from jetlasers or a custom build using a 473nm Lasever module. hmmm, looks like lasever doesn't have these anymore, so jetlasers

Did you email them? The 473nm modules aren't on their site publicly.

--

I was a part of the crowd screwed by the arctic, unless WL does something really crazy I'll only buy them off members here :p