Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Slipstream = Arenared

Status
Not open for further replies.

daguin

If I found, beyond all doubt, that slipstream is arenared, I'm not sure how I would react. Given that he seems to be a decent member here, I might not do anything. The purpose of a ban can be to rehabilitate. In reality nothing has been proven "beyond all doubt" though. Based on my knowledge of the members who are saying they are the same person, I'd have to say I'm leaning towards this being nothing more than a personal vendetta. mfo and slipstream have had ongoing ill feelings toward each other, which to me is the most likely motivator.

I would have made sure that my personal feelings weren't my sole motivator.

And I'm not sure I understand you last question Dave..

Not even a court of law requires "beyond ALL doubt." Only beyond a reasonable doubt. Would a reasonable person believe it?

So you would wait until the new user name for the same person began acting up? Remember, we do not ban user names. We ban people.

The last question relates to how would you judge MFO's actions and statements if you found out today that Slipstrteam was Arenared. Yes. SOMETHING triggered MFO's suspicions (actually TJ's suspicions). However, that trigger does not negate the reasoning behind the identification

Would everybody have been happier if MFO had written

Slipstream = Arenared ??? :thinking: (with question marks and a scratchy head)

Folks I don't give a crap about Slipstream or Arenared. I am worried that people are so worried about being personally "sure" that they devalue the question of identity and then attack the person asking the question.

Peace,
dave

Not even a court of law requires "beyond ALL doubt." Only beyond a reasonable doubt. Would a reasonable person believe it?

So you would wait until the new user name for the same person began acting up? Remember, we do not ban user names. We ban people.

The last question relates to how would you judge MFO's actions and statements if you found out today that Slipstrteam was Arenared. Yes. SOMETHING triggered MFO's suspicions (actually TJ's suspicions). However, that trigger does not negate the reasoning behind the identification

Would everybody have been happier if MFO had written

Slipstream = Arenared ??? :thinking: (with question marks and a scratchy head)

Folks I don't give a crap about Slipstream or Arenared. I am worried that people are so worried about being personally "sure" that they devalue the question of identity and then attack the person asking the question.

Peace,
dave

1) In this case I don't believe so. There is a complete lack of evidence. only people's vague suspicions based on an ip address from one of the largest cities on earth.

2)Perhaps not the best course of action in all cases, but in this case (based on what I know of the people involved) yes.

3) Even if I found out he is right, I would still believe that his motivations were personal and that he got lucky.

You make good points, and I'm not 110% sure that my actions are what is best for this scenario, but as I said.. no evidence to support their claims makes for a pretty baseless argument.

I have no personal motivations. Louis did nothing to me, and I have nothing against him. In fact he has more of an issue with me than I have with him.

So, once again we can remove the vendetta scenario.

1. His name is Louis.
2. He lives in the same city.
3. He has the same meter, and hosts.
4. He acts/talks like Louis.
5. I confronted him twice, and he didnt deny it.
6. He uses the same ISP.
7. Acts like an a$$hole in PMs like Louis.

There ya go. If you have proof to the contrary please post. Other than that, once again you are wasting peoples time because you have nothing. So save the empty opinions, 'cause they mean nothing.

IT IS LOUIS.

mfo

I have no personal motivations. Louis did nothing to me, and I have nothing against him. In fact he has more of an issue with me than I have with him.

1. His name is Louis.
6. He uses the same ISP.

There ya go. If you have proof to the contrary please post. Other than that, once again you are wasting peoples time because you have nothing. So save the empty opinions, 'cause they mean nothing.

IT IS LOUIS.

Chill TJ, you're just being paranoid. < /sarcasm>

I'll never understand how someone can be so smart, but equally retarded at the same time.

Hmmmm.... Walks like a Duck... Quacks like a Duck...............:undecided:

Jerry

daguin

1. His name is Louis.
6. He uses the same ISP.

IT IS LOUIS.

Number 3 pretty much eliminates any "mistakes", eh?

:crackup:How many Louis's in LA have a Kenometer? :crackup:

Peace,
dave

Peace,
dave

daguin

But Dave, LA is huge!

LA is fine.
The sun shines most the time,

And the feelin' is laid back

Palm trees grow,
And the rents are low . . . . .

(Thank you Neil)

Peace,
dave

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Enough guys, this thread is just going downhill, and we're just going to end with a flamewar. If slipstream DOES turn out to be arenared, returning while you are banned is enough to be automatically permabanned regardless of anything else. I think this is pretty standard on most forums. Just the IP address alone is not enough for me to be 100% sure that it IS arenared though, I would much prefer to allow arenared back than accidentally ban an innocent person. As some people pointed out, the IP range mentioned could include a large chunk of LA county. Could anyone with a strong opinion on this either way please PM with their point of view. I think this will work better than having a brawl on the forums.

I will update this with the conclusion and why it was decided on.
EDIT: Looks like his name is also Louis, he also owns one of the very rare original kenometers, and also lives in the same part of Los Angeles. Sorry to say, but all this IS together with the IP address makes it seem a little more than just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
haha Sorry guys, I just realized something, please read.

I sold arenared my kenometer a while back, after I had added some 'custom' engraving to the front face with my CNI greenie. Now I see why Slipstream, or should I say ARENARED always posted such blurry, obstructed images of his meter. THIS IS THE SAME METER I SOLD TO ARENARED. I looked through slipstream's album. There was ONE picture were he showed the front clearly enough to see that this is the same meter! This plus he has the same name, and lives in the same part of LA, indicates to me there is NO doubt this IS arenared. Goodbye Slipstream, that was close, but your luck has run out.

Attachments

• user15968_pic1382_1257922468.jpg
    user15968_pic1382_1257922468.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 112

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
these users are the same people it appears

i did a deep IP search

at one point they both had the same IP and it didn't appear to be a Tor IP or another anonymizer. 99% they are the same ppl

good job on the research and banning on this one guys

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
these users are the same people it appears

i did a deep IP search

at one point they both had the same IP and it didn't appear to be a Tor IP or another anonymizer. 99% they are the same ppl

good job on the research and banning on this one guys

haha Sweet! Check my post above, I can't believe I didn't see that earlier!

Thanks again,

Simon A.

Status
Not open for further replies.