Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SF-AW210 stainless pen build

Ever since I saw some half inch stainless tubing at the hardware store, I knew I wanted to stick a laser in it. Here's what I came up with. I had to turn down the module to be able to press it in. The Micro Boost drive is soldered directly to the diode pins, and set to 210 mA. My switch is mounted on proto board, and soldered onto the back. After that comes the spring. My battery cap is pretty kludgy at this point; I used the head of a 10mm casing, and it's held in place by a scrap of rubber sheeting, trimmed to fit. Oh, and a scrapped green pointer donated the button.

After an Aixiz glass lens, it's outputting about 230 mW. Not too shabby! Of course, battery life is crap on 2x AAAs, so I'm thinking of cutting it down and using a L ion cell. But for now, it has a nice weight to it.

I'll give y'all a pic of it when I get it back together. I need to shorten the tube a fuzz to get the button to line up right with the switch.
DSCF1859.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

That is actually a pretty neat idea... +1 for making your own host and laser to go with it!

LaZeRz

That is a good idea :D wow this looks like its gonna turn out great

+1 for your creativity :D