Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling WL Arctic S3 G1

Ash

Wait a minute... Do you have any actual measurements of the power (in mW)?
If the beam was "clipped" it could produce a circular dot, but at a substantial loss in power.

Attachments

• WL-Arctic-017-300x225.jpg
    WL-Arctic-017-300x225.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 304

Ok thanks for that ill adjust the listing where needed, but couldn't you just pretend to be 'me' at a new address? I will forward the order confirmation with all my details to the buyer, then couldn't the buyer then contact WL and change the address to there own.
I don't know if it would work or not, depends on how they handle such things, but it is dishonest...on the other hand WL has been dishonest with everyone, so you have to ask if two wrongs make a right.

Either way, the WL extended warranty is not worth anything and you won't have to worry about a buyer ever even trying to use it.
Why, you ask.
Well, the 2 year extended warranty doesn't cover replacing or repairing the unit free of charge if it fails. It's a warranty to replace it at the to the owner of 50% of the current retail price; so if it fails and the price is the same as it is now ($300 USD), then you pay $150 USD, plus the cost to ship the laser back to WL as per their requirements which will be around $30-$40 USD. So the basically sell you a replacement that is not necessarily a new laser, it could be a repaired or used one for $180 to $190 USD and I'm not even sure if they pay the return shipping cost of the replacement or if they'll charge you for that too. Talk about a run on sentence!
For the $190 you would pay for the replacement unit and the time you would wait to get it, you could build a much better one yourself.

Oh, I forgot to add in the cost that you originally paid for the extended warranty to begin with.

I guess no one would even use the basic warranty anyway as they could probably get a new diode or driver for less than the cost of return shipping, so don't even worry about it; I just wouldn't add the extended warranty price into your calculation of what you want to get for the laser

In the pics through the goggles....
either the Beam is clipped or the Focus is way OFF...
or the photos were not taken properly...

BTW... you need to take a Pic with the laser ~20 feet away
from a wall.. then take a picture of the Beam Profile ~12" from
the wall through the Goggles...

Jerry

Same Laser....

--Unfocused (18") --- Focused (6")

Attachments

• Unfocused.JPG
    Unfocused.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Focussed.JPG
    Focussed.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

M4TT

In the pics through the goggles....
either the Beam is clipped or the Focus is way OFF...
or the photos were not taken properly...

BTW... you need to take a Pic with the laser ~20 feet away
from a wall.. then take a picture of the Beam Profile ~12" from
the wall through the Goggles...

Jerry

Same Laser....

--Unfocused (18") --- Focused (6")

Ok ill look into this tomorrow afternoon and post some useful pics with a decent camera. From my window ledge to my shed at the bottom of the garden is around 30ft and ill post my results.

Do WL clip there lasers? because I wouldn't have a clue if it was or how to clip a laser. I thought I might of got lucky but if it is out of focus ill be getting in contact with WL about the issue.

As for power output I don't have a clue but I have a possible buyer looking for a middleman so maybe if the middleman has something to test the output we could all find out what its outputting.

Thanks Matt