Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SD laser 303

Mint Blue

Hi everyone, I just bought an SD laser 303 from a convenience store yesterday. It
was rated <1000mW and was really powerful laser that look like light sabers and can shine at least a kilometer away. I am just concerned if the laser is too dangerous for normal use? I estimate that the true power is around 60-100mW

Mint Blue

Ooh but it seems to be very powerful as it can burn matches and pop balloons, i search it up they say the sd laser 303 is as high as 80-100mW, is it true? It shines for kilometres away too. It has two knob the outer knob if removed changes the laser from a patter to a strong beam like a light saber. And the second knob if turn outwards focus it even more to be more poewerful. It is super bright and i am worried if i accidentally shine it into my eye will i get eye injury from it? This is a class 3b laser which is extremely powerfuland dangerous and I am starting to wonder why is it even sold at the convenience store.

julianthedragon

don't use it indoors or for burning at all until you get safety glasses for it, yes it will most likely injure your eyes even without a direct hit

Ooh but it seems to be very powerful as it can burn matches and pop balloons, i search it up they say the sd laser 303 is as high as 80-100mW, is it true? It shines for kilometres away too. It has two knob the outer knob if removed changes the laser from a patter to a strong beam like a light saber. And the second knob if turn outwards focus it even more to be more poewerful. It is super bright and i am worried if i accidentally shine it into my eye will i get eye injury from it? This is a class 3b laser which is extremely powerfuland dangerous and I am starting to wonder why is it even sold at the convenience store.

You need to read this > Important information

First of all, welcome to the LPF. I'm assuming your 303 laser is a 532nm green laser as most of them are. Without measuring the power it is impossible to know what the power output actually is, but many measure around 80 mW. I have several of these so I am not just guessing about this. The greatest danger to you or others is from an accidental eye strike which at that power can irreparably damage the retina of that eye. Please make sure you have the best protective googles you can get as there are no do overs when it comes to eye safety. Good luck.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Hi everyone, I just bought an SD laser 303 from a convenience store yesterday. It
was rated <1000mW and was really powerful laser that look like light sabers and can shine at least a kilometer away. I am just concerned if the laser is too dangerous for normal use? I estimate that the true power is around 60-100mW
Good looking out, that's not a cat toy. It is very dangerous to eyes. Great for shining into a tornado though. lol. Don't ask, lol. Do not point that at anyone, or in a direction you have no idea what is there. No pointing at planes etc. Great for the basement and a fog machine though. Treat lasers like they are a firearm, and you'll never have the FBI kicking your door in dragging you off to bubba, your new cellie.

Actually, marking the laser as being<1000 mW is the same as marking it <5000 W. It really doesn't tell you anything about the output power except that it is less than 1 watt. It is likely less than 100 mW.