Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu LPM DISASTER

loreadarkshade

TLDR: Their LPM now comes without an LCD display, and instead uses bluetooth and a phone app.

For anyone wanting to order their 20W tracer LPM, be advised it is in pre-order stage currently, and they will ship out in 60-80 days, not 30-60 as it mentions on their website.

1.png

In addition, it is cool to know their LPM is a silver standard calibration; against a coherent FieldMax Ii laser power meter :)
For anyone who was curious

2.png

Last edited:

I have a 20 watt LPM, so don't need one now. Good luck with what I expect is your upcoming sale of these. ;)

loreadarkshade

Update: It's now been 3 months and 2 weeks this Sunday, still hasn't been shipped out to me.
I've emailed them last week to know the status, no reply. If anyone works at sanwu, please get in touch with me.

loreadarkshade

Update: It will be 5 months since I've placed my order from Sanwu, Receipt #1387-2255 for my 20W LPM.
Their website had stated 60 days before shipping, then I was told 80 days. Its been 142 days since my order.

No tracking info, no replies on whatsapp, no replies to my emails since December 18th 2023.
This is so disappointing.. I have to file a chargeback since it's been almost half a year now since my order.
How ridiculous. Sanwu, please improve your customer service. This is unacceptable.
Late orders are understandable (I am myself guilty of that), but the lack of communication is disappointing to say the least.

Sanwu, do better!
Buyers, beware.

Last edited:
Update: It will be 5 months since I've placed my order from Sanwu, Receipt #1387-2255 for my 20W LPM.
Their website had states 60 days before shipping, then I was told 80 days. Its been 142 days since my order.

No tracking info, no replies on whatsapp, no replies to my emails since December 18th 2023.
This is so disappointing.. I have to file a chargeback since it's been almost half a year now since my order.
How ridiculous. Sanwu, please improve your customer service. This is unacceptable.
Late orders are fine (I am myself guilty of that), but the lack of communication is disappointing to say the least.

Sanwu, do better!
Buyers, beware.
I have never made a major purchase from Sanwu. I would be disappointed as well with the lack of communication.

loreadarkshade

They've finally replied to my email!
Can't tell you guys how relieved I am. I was worried I got scammed.

Here is their reply:
"
Hi,
We are extremely sorry, there were a lot of problems when we were trying to put back together the original product we built years ago, some of the components used in the LCD display have been discontinued or not compatible when we test them.

The latest Tracer 20W laser power meters will not come with a LCD display, instead the power interface & functions now relies on our mobile application(downloadable on app store/ google play(file download) which connects to the laser power meters with bluetooth(see attachment for the sample).

We will dispatch your order with the latest version of the Tracer 20W laser power meters today and let you know the tracking number in the next few hours.

Regards,
Francis from Sanwulasers"

Still a bit disappointing to say the least seeing how this is how they do business. NEVER accept payments for an unfinished product. Or at least, tell the customers before-hand so they know what to expect.

Their website still states you'll receive the LCD, but I've been told these LCD models are no longer available.
Untitled.png

Hi,

Sorry but the old version is no longer in stock, we will try to cancel the shipment and your order for refund when we get the shipment back.

Regards,
Francis from Sanwulasers
Sun 2024-02-04 16:38

Not trying to witch hunt Sanwu, just letting y'all know of potential issues/inconsistencies if you order an LPM.

Last edited:

loreadarkshade

Update: It's been 168 days since my payment was sent. Almost half of a year. The LPM still has not shipped, and I am no longer receiving replies from Sanwu :(
They were supposed to reply to me with a tracking number a few hours after my earlier reply, but I never got it.

I have asked for a refund last month, and they told me:
"Sorry but the old version is no longer in stock, we will try to cancel the shipment and your order for refund when we get the shipment back."

I just want a refund at this point...

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Update: It's been 168 days since my payment was sent. Almost half of a year. The LPM still has not shipped, and I am no longer receiving replies from Sanwu :(
They were supposed to reply to me with a tracking number a few hours after my earlier reply, but I never got it.

I have asked for a refund last month, and they told me:
"Sorry but the old version is no longer in stock, we will try to cancel the shipment and your order for refund when we get the shipment back."

I just want a refund at this point...
That is not acceptable. Demand that refund. How did you pay? Do you have any buyers protection? My fear is the timescale now may be too long for some payment methods. I think I'm moving Sanwu to the avoid list until I hear of an improvement.

@Kenzo What is funny about this exactly?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Definitely too late for sure. Your refund will be at their mercy unfortunately. Thanks for letting us know. Sanwu has a lot to answer for and Kenzo... I'm watching you

loreadarkshade

The LPM arrived today!
As expected, it is not a standalone unit, but only the LPM head whichh you connect to a PC or phone via bluetooth.
I will definitely be hooking it up to a LCD display

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The LPM arrived today!
As expected, it is not a standalone unit, but only the LPM head whichh you connect to a PC or phone via bluetooth.
I will definitely be hooking it up to a LCD display
I'm glad you've received it. That was a very long time coming to you.

loreadarkshade

Yes, same here. Unfortunately, you won't believe this;

IT. DOES. NOT. WORK.

I cannot get it to pair to my Galaxy S9 via bluetooth, even with their .apk app downloaded.
Phew, what a way to lose a customer...

I'll update this thread if/when I get it working and what the issue was. I've sent the issue to Sanwu, so we'll see how many weeks it takes them to reply this time..