Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RF excited CO2 lasers

Turtle,they burn real nice at 5 feet and at 12 feet they leave black marks on plywood but no red glow but like I said at 5 feet they start fire on plywood ;D

The laser arrived today. Unfortunately it does not seem as if the PWM was included. Hopefully when that gets sorted out and my goggles arrive I will be able to get this working.

Attachments

• RFCO2.JPG
    RFCO2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 285
TC ---

You don't need the PWM driver to fire it up.  Simply provide 4 to 5 volts to the pwm leads and give the BIG input 26 to 32 volts at 9 to 15 AMPS. :D    Driving the PWM input to 20 mA gives it full power.  Watch out where it is pointed.  Paper won't stop it.

Mike

OOPS -- are you missing that side PC board? They are all a little different.

I probably won't get a chance to test it out for a few days. :( I'm pretty busy this week and I'm waiting on some batteries for it.

T.C I ordered a couple more one set up like yours and one just a tube and then I have my original which is probably all a guy needs but its just not enough somtimes ;) :D more more more  :eek:  Oh Mike just let me know on the lens when it comes in I will send you the money for it and thanks for getting that for me  :)

suiraM

heruursciences said:
OMG 70A continuous???!!! I could use a mosfet, a FC laser diode and a few of these to build a real star trek phasor... Stuck on low of course... ;D

They're crazy batteries, those A123's.

Some R/C people charge a stack by connecting it to a car battery.

When I asked my dealer what the charging requirements were, he told me to use a well cooled voltage regulator.

These cells are the same ones used in the Killacycle electronic drag racing motorcycle.

NightStick --

The -FL lens thing fell down. He won't sell for less than $125 even in qualtity :(

I'll keep looking.

Mike

thanks for tryin anyway Mike :)  I put a red alignment laser on My co2 laser tonight it's really great to see where its aiming, I was starting cardbord on fire at 15 feet and my sighting laser is dead on. I hooked the allignment laser Up to my driver switch so all I do is hit the driver switch on and see where the red dot is and hit the the main amp power switch and POW!!! its burnin like a bat out of hell ;D :eek: :eek: what a blast cant wait to go burn some leaf piles  :D

TCannon Im getting a system Like yours so if You have any questions or I have any questions we can help each other ..Chris told me a good place to go with lots of info and pics on our paticular setup I will pm you later with the info  :) NS

nightstick said:
TCannon Im getting a system Like yours so if You have any questions or I have any questions we can help each other ..Chris told me a good place to go with lots of info and pics on our paticular setup I will pm you later with the info  :) NS
Sounds awesome. I will be eagerly awaiting your PM.

NightStick ---

Here's my expander so far.  It's all PVC pipe machined to a tight fit.  I'm missing the -FL lens yet.

1-- 7.5" FL ZnSe Objective lens
2-- Objective lens holder
3-- Barrel
4-- Focus sleeve
5-- -FL lens holder (expander)
6-- Adapter to laser

Hope this helps you design yours.....

Mike

Attachments

• CO2-6.jpg
    CO2-6.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 135
a -FL lens is going to be quite a bit more than a +FL. Is saving an 8" of tubing length worth another $100? Also, how large is your lens?