Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Wicked Lasers Arctic G2

Grix

This is not only useful data on the arctic, but on the XJ diodes itself, nice job!

DJNY

As far as the difference in wavelength between "low" and "high" power...well, to be honest, I'm simply not qualified to answer that question. :(
445nm directly-injected laser diodes are pretty much as new to me as they are to most everybody else.

I should forward this pullbangdead, he is the man for such questions.

haha.
Ew that's really stinky. Yuck.

This must be the most thorough review I have ever read.
Did I seriously just get shown the spectrograph of the arctic's red charging LED indicator?

ZapU

Good review! Would be interesting to see what the high power output is.
+rep

I like the review I think it has a lot of useful info. Ultimately I disagree with his 5 star rating at the end, however, he gave enough info for me to make my own decision and not have to rely on his rating without any additional info.

I agree with Tech's initial assessment that there was a lot of unnecessary filler, I think it was a constructive comment and in no way meant to take away from the review (actually meant to improve it). As for the Beard comment, I don't think anyone cares if he shaved or not, we're not reading a review on shaving, we're reading a review on the laser in question and he provided plenty of detail on that front.

Morgan

Those are from a LASERPOD that was operating in the room when those photographs were taken.
Guess I should go ahead and add that to my evaluation as well. :D

Thanks LED, I was just curious.

If you wanted to, you could always try a laser-shave! :crackup: The G2 might even be up to it!

Nice review. Pullbangdead may well give good comment on the data you've shown here.

M
:)

Merged two consecutive posts

BTTT: Added a video and an update re: the "high power" lens.

BTTT: Added a video, two spectrographic analyses, and another update re: the "high power" lens.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJNY

You should get a new laser for reviewing. Isn´t it boring to update a near perfect review for so many times? :p

Merged four consecutive posts

You should get a new laser for reviewing. Isn´t it boring to update a near perfect review for so many times? :p

I just now (well, within the last several minutes!!!) posted a new review of a violet-emitting laser pen that I received yesterday!!! ;) :D ;)

BTTT: Added a video of it destroying something. :)

BTTT: Added a photograph and an update re: the training lens.

BTTT: Added a video, two new (stability) charts, and an update re: beam vignetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
That review impressed the shit out of me and the beard made it even better:cool:. 99% of that review was 100% out of my league but I still found it fascinating. And who says you have to view it all at one time? That's what the "Save as Favorites" option is for:na:

I say "The_LED_Museum" should receive instant epic status regardless of the product reviewed.

The Epic status of his site for those who love photonic fun is legend.

I love the spectrum analysis and the humor too.
But I have been a fan a long time....he is EPIC.

Yeah if you reload the page you'll see I corrected it right after I typed it.

You have good timing, or bad in my case.