Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Resolved - TinkertavernCo Ghosting me after purchase over 1 month ago

@tinkertavernco I hope you see this and can make it right in a reasonable time.

Timeline:
  • December 17: I place an order with tinkertavernco for 2 573 nm modules. I purchase promptly via PayPal as requested.
    tinkertavernco kindly offered a small discount for the purchase and even offered to bin a couple with good beam characteristics since I inquired about the beam quality (not necessary, but it's a generous offer which I accepted).
    tinkertavernco confirmed that payment was received and that the package would be shipped the next day.
  • December 20: I inquire about a tracking # for the package, so I know when to expect delivery.
  • December 21: I get a response with a tracking # and a statement that the package would be "picked up this afternoon" along with an apology for the delay, since it took longer than expected to bin the modules.
  • December 30: I inquire about the package again, since the tracking # provided indicates that it was never picked up or delivered to the post office.
  • December 31: I get a response saying that he was busy due to the holidays and would be binning the modules "tomorrow" and "shipping on Tuesday" (after the new year).
  • January 11: I inquire yet again about the status of the package because tracking indicates the PO is still "awaiting item." I receive a response:
    "Sorry about that. I am sure I dropped it off so I have no idea what might have happened. Tomorrow I will check with the post office and see what I can do."
  • January 14: After I didn't receive a follow-up the next day, I ask for an update. I have not received a reply since. It has now been 35 days since I paid.
The purchase for two modules is not a trivial expense.
I think I am reasonably patient and I am certainly not rude or unreasonable in my dealings with others.
I've done plenty of business - buying and selling - through this forum and have not had issues with the community here.
The communication leading up to the purchase was prompt and kind. After the sale, the communication has been sparse and dishonest.
This reads like scammer behavior. I hope it is not. I am at the end of my patience and will be following through with either a claim through PayPal or a charge-back through my bank if this isn't resolved quickly.

prolex

That's very sad to hear. I had been considering buying a 573 nm module from them earlier.
Hopefully you get this resolved. They seem to be legitimate, so I'd assume it's a honest mistake.
The delays in communication are truly weird though. Best of luck!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Tinkertavernco has ignored me many times. Never even got to make a purchase. Each excuse was different. Very concerning about this.

Tinkertavernco has ignored me many times. Never even got to make a purchase. Each excuse was different. Very concerning about this.
Good to know. Based on what I've seen here and on eBay, I figured it was going to be a straight transaction. We'll see what unfolds from here.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Good to know. Based on what I've seen here and on eBay, I figured it was going to be a straight transaction. We'll see what unfolds from here.
I pinged him on discord with a link to this thread. Hopefully nothing worse will happen and all will go smoothly.

tinkertavernco

I sincerely apologize for the delay, this was inexcusable on our part. The initial delay here was related to binning the modules for the best beam specs.

I’ve sorted out the problem with the post office; the order will ship out properly tomorrow along with a free bonus item. I hope this will resolve this appropriately for you.

Last edited:
I sincerely apologize for the delay, this was inexcusable on our part. The initial delay here was related to binning the modules for the best beam specs.

I’ve sorted out the problem with the post office; the order will ship out properly tomorrow along with a free bonus item. I hope this will resolve this appropriately for you.
Thank you.
I'll look forward to receiving it.

Giannis_TDM

I have a feeling he was drop shipping a lot of orders directly from China. I've been having increased difficulty lately getting my orders in a timely fashion from China so this may be part of it.
I don't think so, at least for the Valkyrie series cause that host was designed by me and is cnc machined by them, it was not a pre existing product.1706181287409.png

I don't think so, at least for the Valkyrie series cause that host was designed by me and is cnc machined by them, it was not a pre existing product.View attachment 77185
Maybe the hosts are produced in the US but the diode modules are certainly coming from China. It could also be feasible that the hosts are produced in China as well since machining work is way cheaper there than it is here. I have the Chinese produce some of my small parts because it's way more cost effective and the turn around time is days and not months like with some of the local manufacturers I've tried to work with. The other pointers and flashlights are definitely coming straight from China as well.