Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quit my job!

ped

Hi, feel free to TL;DR , this is for the members who like a good read.

Basically been working for the same place for the last 17 years as a mobile phone technician. My old boss who's health was failing sold the buisness back in May to someone I knew, and knew him to be an a$$hole.
I was the first person in NW England, possibly even the UK repairing mobile phones..and my new boss wants to turn the shop basically into a sales only shop, no repairs.

This has been going on for the last six months but decided today that enough was enough. The guy was a typical know it all boss...wouldn't respect my knowledge or experience...he knew best...well, not any more.

I have a few offers in the pipeline so imma just have some time off Christmas and see what offer I take in the New year.

Ped :banned:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats on getting away from that asshat, enjoy a little time off over the holidays!

Good luck on those offers of a new job. :)

PS - He'll realize what he lost in you, real soon.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, good decision getting out of there. You'll have no problem getting into another job. Have a great Christmas break and relax. :beer:

I hope you enjoy the holidays and may the good fortune of opportunity smile upon you in the new year. :beer:

Sorry to hear that your ex- boss is a fool. There are however a lot of those around...Good luck on the job hunting front, although it doesn’t seem like you’ll need it! Enjoy your break over Christmas, you couldn’t have picked a better time!:beer:

ped

Thank's guys.

There is nothing worse than someone who doesn't know one end of a phone from another, telling you how to do you're job. Ain't happnin' I'm afraid.

Ped

Hi ,
That’s will clear you head not putting up with him . You will start fresh and new . Hey don’t feel so bad I have one of those to . But after 32 years I clip his wings once in a while. To a reality check

Rich:)

Reactions: GSS
Ped, good for you, I'm about ready to quit mine here in Iraq too, getting fed up with a coworker who has been breaking my things due to being mad about something he was doing I put a stop to out here which was bad news. The little arse broke all the mirrors off of the RGB laser I had bought from Bad Billy, continues to hide tools and personal items on me, later returning them, but getting very old.

Now that I know you work on cell phones, I have a question for you about mine. LOL, just kidding.

Well, good luck for your ex-boss with his mobile sales shop concept. I think growing number of people are ordering their mobiles from Online shops in these days, so he'll must be such a vanguard in his job when having a such great visions. :na::na:

Enjoy your break over Christmas, and good luck and all the best wishes for your new conquers!! :beer:

@ Ped, Sorry to hear the new boss is a numbskull.
Have a nice break from work over the holidays and then you'll be able to find a better position.
I'm sure you'll be in demand with your knowledge and expertise.
You'll have a bit of time to get out there with your drone now Ped.
:)

@ Chris, that's sad news to hear what that guy did to your RGB and the way he's acting towards you.
So, I take it that "The Land Downunder" is looking pretty inviting by now?

:beer:

RB