Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about building DPSS laser and killed nailfungus with Laser.

Mannitu78

Hello folks,
1. I healed a fungus in my nail with my 5.5watt blue laser. I had a yellow spot on the nail of my right big Toe, that became bigger week after week. Took me a while to register that this is a fungus, its the first i ever had.. One day i saw that the nail, where it had tha yellow touch, became softer and started to brittle. From that point it went very fast, i googled and was looking for cures every couple of days, didnt feel in a hurry and ony day about 30% of the nail was affected, a piece on the side was missing and worst, the spot reached the area under the nail, i mean it crossed the border over the white line into your nailflesh. Now the flesh does not get affected with the fungus obviously, but i read that they call that matrix and if the fungus reaches it, not only do you need local treatment on the Toe, but also at least 1 year of pharma goodies^^

Ity very late that i got the idea that fungi dont like light most of the time, why not give it a billion Lumen. I focussed the spot to a large strip that covers the whole nail, as good as possible and hold it on the nail, for 2-3 seconds on, about 5 sec on, until it gets to warm and i need a longer break. I dont know how often i did that, maybe once a week for 3 months? Def way to long. I felt like the fungus died very fast, the grow stopped right away, because in the beginning i was very eager and did it every 2 or 3 days...it was only 3 or 4 weeks until i was sure it stopped, the yellow was gone and the nail felt hard again. Theres only a little area where material is missing, where it brittled off..but its growing out, its already in the upper half and maybe 2 more nailcuts and it will look normal again.

If i had to guess i would say it only took 3 or 4 sessions each 2-3 minutes to kill that thing. Theyre using an IR laser in some clinics too..but so weird, they say its not the light, but the heating up of the nail that causes the fungi to die and that you dont need very hot, just a little warm. If that was true, i could just cure it with a hair drier or a warm footbath? doesnt make much sense to me. However it was very satisfying to heal myself with china space technology!

Now to my real question: It came to my attention that there are very cheap IR diodes available, i think less than 10 bucks for a 2,3 Watt diode...and then i wondered if it was possible and cheap enough to use that wavelengh-putting in half-thing, im really not familiar with DPSS at all, i just saw that even very cheap 532nm lasers use these things, so there could be a way to modify a 9mm diode maybe? Its 850nm though. So would you get a deep blue then?