Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pretty new to lasers and want some help figuring out what to get

Colekiller_MLG

Hello, this is my first post on this forum.
I have previously bought a green 532nm laser from optotronics that was 25mw. I like this laser but I want to know where I can get a more powerful laser for the same/less. The cost including shipping was 70+ dollars and I do not really know if this is normal. I have looked around myself a lot and I know that there are many scam websites. I am interested in just about any type of laser, but I mainly want to get a stronger and more visible laser than the one that I already have. What mw is generally safe to not have to worry about burning things (is 100mw too high)? What are some of your favorite website or means of buying lasers that are not listed on the main forum page? I hope to find a combo pack of lasers (maybe 2-5) that are cheaper per laser because of bulk buy. Or just any good-priced singles.
Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your patience.

loreadarkshade

Check out my website @ JLasers.org
I have a special on my 450 1.6w model right now
Sanwu are also pretty good !

HunterJackson

As a first laser I would reccomend a weaker and more eye-safe laser rather than jumping straight into high powered laser which for many you need eye protection. As a first laser I would say you should stick within the class 2 or 3R laser safety rating which is 1-5 mW of power. These are usually like small keychain lasers or small pen lasers like cat toys. Beware of fake 5mw lasers which are much stronger than advertised. The best laser color if you want visibility is green. Red is also a good option and it's cheaper. Stay away from violet lasers as they are dim and usually overpowered and not for beginners.