Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Nice picture Chris!
That kind of desert would be nice place for astro photography. No clouds on the sky and no light pollution anywhere near.

-----

EDIT:
Don't mean that particular deser in Iraq, but desert like that generally.. :crackup:

Last edited:

I have that flight on video too, might upload it later. Yes very dark at night out there.

diachi

Photo i took last week on my way to Mosul Dam, Iraq. Flying to Q West today.

Looks cool! I'm yet to get more than 10ft off the pad in a helicopter. Got to go on a "test flight" (if you can call it that) when I worked for a group of aviation companies.

Nice picture Chris!
That kind of desert would be nice place for astro photography. No clouds on the sky and no light pollution anywhere near.

-----

EDIT:
Don't mean that particular deser in Iraq, but desert like that generally.. :crackup:

Agreed! The sky must look stunning at night out there. I mean it's great here, but at the time of the year where the sky is good it's also absolutely freezing outside, as both of you know.

I've been flying around in helicopters for 30 plus years now, first in the oil field, then out here. Probably have a couple hundred flights i've been on over the years by now.

Here's a photo I took a couple of years ago flying in Alaska:

Very nice, flying has to be additive Chris, but I am curious, do you have to land back on that little aluminum portable looking pad that blue helicopter is sitting on? It looks like a small space.

diachi

Very nice, flying has to be additive Chris, but I am curious, do you have to land back on that little aluminum portable looking pad that blue helicopter is sitting on? It looks like a small space.

Yup, they use those for remote locations with uneven/otherwise unsuitable terrain, mountain tops, that sort of place.

I recall a few pictures of helicopters on those pads at our operations in Peru and up here in the north at various camps from my last job.

Extremely tight spot, they just move slow and get it just right.

Had a beautiful family day out yesterday, went for a long drive and did some shopping.
Then a nice dinner and to top it off, Saturday Night Bowling.
Got home late and straight to bed.

They almost beat me but I got the upper hand (in the end). :crackup:

IMG_5117.JPG

Here's a few from my digital wallet:

I saw that pack of batteries in the Exchange and had to have a pic

The second is an engine that took heavy FOD

LASTLY, maintainer humor.

Attachments

• IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    IMG_4716.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Ouch, expensive engine repair. Those are quantum batteries, one of them appears to have made a leap into the jacket free version.