Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your PC setup .

^What do you use that for? Just gaming? Seems like the kind of system one might have a professional use for, ie design, music production, etc.. It would be wasted on games..

Last edited:

...Just gaming?
What do you mean with "just for"... o_O

Lol ;)

His system would certainly make my in-transit copies of Bioshock 2 & Mass Effect 2 & Alien vs. Predator look werywery good... :D

A few "older" games... you should see them in realtime ;)

click on images for full res!

Bioshock

Mass Effect

Crysis Warhead

Far Cry2

Last edited:
^What do you use that for? Just gaming? Seems like the kind of system one might have a professional use for, ie design, music production, etc.. It would be wasted on games..

I am a GIS analysis and AutoCAD drafter for a surveying company and I work on the stuff here at my dorm.... ahh the joys of the internet and allowing me to keep my job : )

But ya I am running crysis at 27-30 fps max settings no aa yet as that kills the card having to work on that many pixies : )..... on the 20th I get my 2nd 5970 card : ) it’s a sweet, and mw2 I run at near 100fps so it’s almost real time on max settings : )

Thos are some beautiful screen shots…. I am going to have to play the missions again so I can get some nice back grounds : )

Last edited:
...and mw2 I run at near 100fps ...
Thos are some beautiful screen shots…
mw2? As in COD Modern Warfare 2? That's one of my all-time favorites! I couldn't imagine it at full res at 100fps... :eek:

I get 60fps (vsynch on, always!) but that's at a humble 1680x1050... still, I remember my first "gaming" PC: ATI Rage Pro with a whopping 8MB onboard, Pentium II 233. Playing Quake II online, I couldn't figure why I was always getting fragged 'til I realized I was playing the game at 1024x768 at an avg. of 10FPS... lol :eek: I finally managed to score a few frags when I "settled for" 800x600... :p

Given that, I'm still pretty floored when playing today's games at 1680x1050...!

click on image for full res:

Last edited:
but yes COD Modern Warfare 2 : ) i just played and for some reason only got between 88 and 93 fps but oh well still over 60 : ) ..... wait until you play on 3 monitors its simply awesome.
mw2sch.jpg

By f22warzone at 2010-02-08

Lol, well it wasn't that bad for the entire game but to this day, it's still the hardest game to render o_O

To this day, I'm still a firm believer that it's because of an uber crappy engine. If they let Valve do the Cryengine, you'd get many more FPS out of that game with less GPU processing power.

Last edited:
This is my RIG. sorry for bad Quality and low lighting but its my Iphone and i don't have much light in my room.

Last edited:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 OC to 3.6ghz (Id go higher but lack proper cooling)
23 inch LG lcd @ 1080p
4gb ddr3 g.skill (forget any other details)
XFX ati radeon HD 4770 512mb
500w earthwatts psu
660gb (maybe wrong, cant remember correctly) WD hdd
Antec Soneta III 500 case

I think thats it... should probably buy more ram. Cost about $700 CAD excluding the lcd.

To this day, I'm still a firm believed that it's because of an uber crappy engine. If they let Valve do the Cryengine, you'd get many more FPS out of that game with less GPU processing power.

I agree 110%. I just don't get why the game is so demanding when other games with the same level of graphic detail aren't. I think it's to make people think they need to get a better graphics setup.