Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PLUG & PLAY CO2 BURNING LASERS only $150 DELIVERED

Re: GB FEELER Small RF 5-10W CO2 LASERS! CHEAP!

I was thinking along the lines of a bunch of 18650 Li cells :eek:
5 seconds on and let the cells cool .............

Mike

Chris -- Do you need up front $$ now ??

JLSE

Hemlock Mike said:
I was thinking along the lines of a bunch of 18650 Li cells :eek:
5 seconds on and let the cells cool .............

Mike

One of my first lasers which I made was a portable He/Ne. I found some nice small 7amp 12v emergency lighting back up wetcells did the job nicely. Even better nowaday would be gel cells. Might be a bit on the bulky side, but you wouldnt have to baby the power source. With mine, it looked like a big a$$ gun, and the batt's made a nice handle under the tube / barrell.

Hello!
I was pointed here by a fellow forum-member in Sweden and I am interested in a laser+driver.
I have a few questions about the laser though. I'm a complete novice when it comes to lasers (though I have been reading quite a bit about YAG and CO2-lasers lately) so I apologize if my questions are stupid/obvious. :)

1. How small would you think you can focus the "dot" with the optics currently mounted (or with fairly cheap extra optics)?
2. Is it possible to adjust the output effect on these babies in any convenient way? Current-limiting the PSU? Or maybe even a PWM/analog input on the driver?

I'm planning to mount it on a small CNC-router that I have for some laserengraving of the slower kind :). This, however, will require the dot to be very focused for tiny details.

Also: Is it OK for us non-US-guys to participate in the groupbuy? Can I possibly pay with PayPal should it come to that?

Thank you!
Regards
/Tottish

GOOD NEWS! THE guy will take the orders we got! so this is not a "feeler" anymore! IT'S FOR REAL!!!!

Yeah international people are more than welcome, but your shipping of course will be more, about 35 to 45 US bucks or so.

The dot is about 5-6 mm in diameter.

The power can be modulated via PWM using a simple 5V TTL signal The power supplies are designed for modulation up to 50KHz. USE PWM to adjust average power- DO NOT CURRENT LIMIT to adjust power

The znse lenses needed to focus it go for about 25 to 75.00 on ebay. You can focus down to less than 50um if need be.

Re: GB LIVE & OPEN for Small RF 5-10W CO2 LASERS!

Chris --
I got your PM -- I'll be calling you.

As I said ---- I'm in.

Mike

What is the effective burning range on a laser of 10600nm at this output? is the laser going to diverge similarly to an 808nm?

Will this work in a 240 VAC Mains power supply in Asia?

What is the power rating and how much for a complete set?

Thanks!

disma

You would need to either build a 28v 10amp power supply, or buy one already made that runs off of the mains voltage in your area. As the title of this thread says, they are 5 to 10 watts... hopefully they are closer to 10 then 5 watts. :cool:

According top the seller most are in the 7-10 watt range, some are over 10! :cool:

I've paid for mine.  Glad to see some action here  ;D

Chris -- sorry about the late calls last night !!!

Mike

About how big is the tube assembly and the RF supply ?? I love the PWM control !!

I'm designing a housing and need some idea of size. It would help me
on this project.

Mike

Tubes are 17x3x2.5 INCHES, the ps is 17x4x4 INCHES footprint. you will need space to add some cooling fans etc too :D

Interesting -- The PS didn't look that long but they will fit side by side OK.
Mike

disma

hmmm... Maybe some plexi, and aluminum stock... with some thermaltake casefan II's... or maybe an 8in pvc pipe!
This is gonna be interesting! Mike, you gotta post some pics of it when you get it built. :)