Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I pulled it out after the last post just to see what was there. The DPSSL has 6 wires going to it, not counting that fan, which is on a separate line. I suspect it is linear, as the output transistor runs hot, which is why I heat sinked it when I got it. Now it runs fine and the output transistor runs cool. It is a neat little laser with the laser and driver as separate units.

Last edited:

DTR

rhd

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

It is. 1W is the actual output power of that module in the listing. Full modules with driver and lens are rated for their actual output based on the lens they come with and driver current not the bare diodes rating.:beer:

And, more to the point, you clearly disclose that it's the NDG700 on the listing.

Wish I could buy it now, will later. :)

$139.97 shipped. Link in pic.

I got one from this same vendor a couple months ago. Arrived in a couple days (From Chicago) in perfect shape with the case and all. Definitely, my favorite unmodified outdoor light.

Last edited:
Last edited:

The forum is titled "deals and discounts." That is not a deal, nor is it discounted.

Exactly.

How bout less "wow look at this incredibly generic "lab" laser sold by [super generic chinese seller], and more "Wow look at this [something unique] for [low price]."

Yeah. They also advertise a 6000mW 532nm DPSSL. It goes for close to $900.00. I have been getting emails from them for over a year. I never trusted them enough to actually take them seriously.

I thought it was a deal, I've been looking for one of these for two years. I suppose whether the price is a good deal is in the eye of the beholder as well as whether you can find another manufacturers unit which will do what this one can.

I couldn't find one of these anywhere, still can't, except for this one. The price seems cheap enough to me for what it is.. I spent 850 dollars for a 60 amp constant current lab power supply for my 808nm bar diodes, I had another non-CC power supply that I bought cheap which would have worked fine if I had this, but nothing like it was available to control its current that I could find at the time.

Regarding the voltage, English isn't his first language and he must not have made it clear enough, it is a 2 volt driver (adjustable up or down in voltage some), but can be run off of 3 to 24 VDC. Required heat sinking depends on the input voltage and will need a fan above a 3.3 VDC supply voltage for full rated current, if I understood the man correctly when I asked to know more.

Last edited:

rhd

I thought it was a deal, I've been looking for one of these for two years. I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder. He must have labeled it wrong, it is a 2 volt driver, but can be run off of 3 to 24 VDC.

There's lots of room on this forum for forum members to talk about their own items (for sale and otherwise). This thread doesn't become one of those places simply by virtue of the fact that the member's sale venue happens to be ebay.

Also, nobody in his original thread thought it was a good (or even reasonable) price, so I don't know why you thought people here would find it more compelling.

In any event, there has been a ton of derailing of this thread recently, so let's all let this topic drop here/now so it can return to its purpose and subscribers can stop getting notifications they don't care about.

OK, but we had another member here looking for this exact thing a few weeks ago, I don't know who. I was excited to find it, having looked and looked for a very long time. Again, whether a good thing to post is surely in the eye of the behinder, me thinks. Forgive me for my Frankness as much as I accept yours.