Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Thanks, nice lenses. What would such huge lenses for 10.6 be used with? Why so large?

If you happen to see any really big PCX lenses with AR coatings whether for VIS or near IR, I am interested them. I found some 5 inch diameter 1064nm PCX lenses a few months ago I am happy with, always looking for more for my big beam expander projects.

Reactions: GSS

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Such big lenses are used in multi-kW industrial lasers for metal cutting. Finding optics with neccesary AR coatins is hard, all optics that was scrapped from our University laser lab didn't have any coatings at all.

Dang nice find... I would buy it if I actually needed it... but without a driver it'd be a royal pain to run.

Alaskan, could you tell me what is PCX as a lens material? Is it a sort of glass?

Sorry for offtopic.

Most household magnifying lenses are double convex but a PCX is flat on one side and convex on the other.

450px-Lenses_en.svg.png

Last edited:

Yep, that's it, round on one side, flat on the other. Better than biconvex lenses for use as beam expander collimators.

Thanks. Alaskan, could you, please, PM or email me? I think I can try to help or at least try to find neccessary information about lenses you need.

Last edited:

I am thinking about using a double concave mounted in a length of PVC tubing, the tubing can be slit lengthwise to accommodate the lens that will be glued in place then mount a PCX lens in a slightly wider length of PVC so that it will slide back and forth over the 1st length of PVC with the double concave in it.

Both of these will slide over a length of aluminum bar stock with a NUBM06 mounted in the end with the GBall left intact.

Rolled up cardstock paper can be used to shim the fit so it slides snugly.

Later I may use a cyl pair after the 06 with Gball intact and this double adjustable expander setup, it's worth a try.

Last edited:

I want to see that, especially with diodes that have the GBall intact.

Good price with free shipping

Xantrex XFR 20-60 Programmable DC Power Supply 0-20V 0-60A, XFR20-60 White Face

Not really. They show up for $200 and under sometimes. I will personally sell you a power-ten brand (subsidiary of sorensen/xantrex) 0-20V 0-50A unit for $200.

@ cyparagon... I am looking for power supply..Pls email me.

Not really. They show up for $200 and under sometimes. I will personally sell you a power-ten brand (subsidiary of sorensen/xantrex) 0-20V 0-50A unit for $200.

That's not exactly right, you must be talking about other units, not this specific model. If anyone ever sees a guaranteed working Xantrex XFR-20-60 on ebay with all its knobs which isn't beat to hell for only $200 dollars with under $50 shipping, please contact me, I will pay a 10% finders fee.

The cheapest I have seen a XFR-20-60 listed on ebay was $350 plus $125 shipping to me in Alaska which was not guaranteed working, this one is. The reason I brought this to the forum is the guarantee of being a working unit with free shipping and ability to make an offer, I bet he might sell it for 350.00, or less, which when combined with free shipping is a good deal. They are very heavy and can cost quite a bit to ship.

I saw the one you had listed on ebay, but everytime I looked at it I just thought the unit was too old. Also, the photo you had up was poor due to a bad setting and lighting which contributed to that impression. I looked at that listing several times over a period of months and decided not to buy each time. However, I found two units which appear that they might be newer models made by that company for $150 on ebay, that's only $75 dollars each. Although not guaranteed working, a risk: D130426 Lot (2) Power Ten 3304D-2050 0-20V 0-50A Power Supply - Nothing wrong with that model, I am sure it will do the same job the higher end Xantrex can do, just they sell for less. You can find lower current units with less voltage range for a good price, the 0-20 V units at 50 amps or higher are more expensive, no matter who makes them.

Here's an older model up for auction, right now low, but again, not working: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sorenson-Ametek-DCS-20-50-Programmable-Power-Supply-20V-50A-/132062780481

Right now the best deal I have found for a newer 0-20 VDC 50A power supply is this one for $200, maybe that is what you are referring to, but it still isn't the Xantrex 60 amp model: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SORENSEN-AM...BLE-DC-POWER-SUPPLY-0-20V-0-50A-/291977042374 - Shipping to me in Alaska for this unit is close to $120 dollars, so this price beats my earlier post by quite a bit, not the same unit, close though and all together for me $320.00.

Again, here is the model I posted about earlier, I have already contacted him and asked for the bottom dollar price, but some sellers don't like that, they want us to make offers: Xantrex XFR 20-60 Programmable DC Power Supply 0-20V 0-60A, XFR20-60 White Face | eBay

These are the only Xantrex XFR 20-60 units on ebay I found today:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-14%20at%209.07.20%20AM.png

I have kept an auto-notify for the XFR 20-60 on my ebay account for four years now, so I know what their prices are when working.

Last edited: