Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I've heard how hard it is to make something like this play I'm daunted by the thought of trying to get one of these to work, but for discussions sake, I am interested in knowing more about how to make yellow. I've been goggling the subject today.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Honestly it's fairly similar to making the other colors. It's mostly mirror differences, and the parts are a little bit more expensive due to being less common.

OK, but what wavelength do you pump it with?

Man! if only I had the money! I seriously would love to have one of those hosts!:cryyy::cryyy:

Yeah me too, I'd be cool if the person who got the last lot sold me one of those EVO hosts!:D

94Z28

Anyone interested in a 532nm 3x Melles Griot expander only 60$

Datasheet>
http://www.mhzelectronics.com/ebay/manuals/melles_griot_laser_accessory_datasheet.pdf

Melles Griot 09LBZ011 Beam Expander Precision Laser 3X Optics Optical | eBay

have at it... I thought it was the top one in the list which was included at 450nm but this one is 532+ i believe from the datasheet.

Also, these are old-school brass modules but the deal is unbeatable... I bought alot to have them to be honest I have alot of LPC-826 coming idk what I will do with them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-DIY-Las...293599?hash=item3a6556d8df:g:E2cAAMXQDK1RuuTr

Last edited:

Anyone interested in a 532nm 3x Melles Griot expander only 60$

Melles Griot 09LBZ011 Beam Expander Precision Laser 3X Optics Optical | eBay

have at it... I thought it was the top one in the list which was included at 450nm but this one is 532+ i believe from the datasheet

The sticker on the box says it's AR coated for 488nm, which is Argon so my guess up to 515nm should work fine. 532 I guess is close enough so it should still have good pass at 532 but this expander could be coated only for 488. I asked the seller while back if the coating would be okay for 470nm and he said he only knows 488 on this model.

Maybe the more experienced BE experts can chime in, if it will work for 532, I bet the seller will take alot less and you got yourself a nice expander!

Hopefully these start trickling down in smaller lots on the forums/eBay. I LOVE building stuff into WL hosts...they are some of my favorite host designs.

Yeah seriously though! Since the last WL lot sold, i've been hoping that the buyer would pop up here or start selling the hosts one by one on fleebay but haven't seen anything so far! Id really like to have an EVO host

Holy jumping monkeys, that is a deal for that 3X expander. With the high power 520nm multimode diodes having such terrible divergence, a 3X expander is just right to tame them back to that of many DPSS 532nm lasers normal divergence. I bet a AR coating at 488 will work just fine at 520nm.

Holy jumping monkeys, that is a deal for that 3X expander. With the high power 520nm multimode diodes having such terrible divergence, a 3X expander is just right to tame them back to that of many DPSS 532nm lasers normal divergence. I bet a AR coating at 488 will work just fine at 520nm.

Too late, looks like someone snatched it up! I figured that since argon puts out 514nm that 520nm shouldn't be a problem, but wasn't too sure about 532, I guess it's only ~18nm from what argon emits

Here's a Ophir 20C, the seller sold me a 20c that was also listed at a crazy high price, I offered $175 (Alaskan, thanks for the tip) and the seller accepted it. Who knows what he'll take for this one.

Ophir sensor

Complete functioning ALC-60x (I think?) system:

Argon ion laser system

A bit spendy, and it's hard to tell from the pictures how it's set up, (all or single line), but assuming the price doesn't go up too much it's an okay deal for what it is.

diachi

Argon ion laser system

A bit spendy, and it's hard to tell from the pictures how it's set up, (all or single line), but assuming the price doesn't go up too much it's an okay deal for what it is.

Yep, it's an ALC60 and multiline too, if that power measurement in the description is accurate anyway. Pretty decent deal IMO. Good find!

Careful if you're buying this though, they are more fragile than the JDSU heads. ALC60s have external mirrors unlike the JDSUs, and as such also have Brewster stems which makes them a chunk more fragile, not to mention more likely to go out of alignment after shipping. Should be fine as long as it's packed properly.

Edit: LOL, $225 shipping to Canada plus $45 in import charges. Nope!

Last edited:

Argon ion laser system

Shipping in the U.S. is not cheap either. I think he's trying to make a profit on the shipping as well.