Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMG NEW 803T SOURCE? :D :D

keeperx said:
Its a price increase.. but thats fine..
ill get a quote for 50

You realize that you probably should start your own thread, rather than stomping all over this one, right ?

whats the difference.. its the same source .. im not threadjacking.. im just trying to assist..

daguin

keeperx said:
whats the difference.. its the same source .. im not threadjacking.. im just trying to assist..

Then you also don't understand how these things work. If multiple people contact the same distributer then the distributer realizes that he/she has a more "valuable" commodity than they thought. When that happens, the distributer is LESS LIKELY to give better deals to EVERYONE that inquires.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that jumping into someone else's organization process, unasked, is just plain rude.

Peace,
dave

airy52

If multiple people request, he will see more interest in this item and may be not willing to go as low of a price. Please stop, now. If you would like to organize a GB for these you can start a thread, but this one is going fine and tomorrow I should have it all figured out for prices and shipping intl etc. Give me a day or two. And keeperx, thanks for trying to help, but I think I got it covered. Only creating confusion with us and the supplier.

FYI i did start this process at 7:04 am EST today in a thread in the BluRay section called "will this work" and between then and 9 something (when this thread was started) recieved ims from interested parties...

I dont care who does it.. i just want some cheap diodes...

Im affraid that i have been in contact with the supplier before you.. i contacted him before i posted the link..

again i could care less who coordinates this. just dont want to be looked at as the bad guy here...

daguin

keeperx said:
FYI i did start this process at 7:04 am EST today in a thread in the BluRay section called "will this work" and between then and 9 something (when this thread was started) recieved ims from interested parties...

I dont care who does it.. i just want some cheap diodes...

Im affraid that i have been in contact with the supplier before you.. i contacted him before i posted the link..

again i could care less who coordinates this. just dont want to be looked at as the bad guy here...

YOU need to read more carefully. [highlight] I [/highlight]am not the person who's thread you jacked. If you don't want to be "looked at as the bad guy here", back off. Go to YOUR thread. IT did NOT start even looking like a GB until this morning. IT is in the wrong place to be recognized as a GB thread. If you "don't care who does it" why are you defending your right to do it?

If you just want some cheap diodes, buy 20 of them yourself and sell your surplus to the members.

Oh yeah --- and breathe through your nose

Peace,
dave

[highlight]**EDIT** [/highlight] Airy and I may have overlapped postings there. If your comments were directed to him, then I apologize for the "first person" mistake. However, the rest of the argument stands.

ok .. your right..

guess im just a little hurt that i got supplier jacked...

daguin

keeperx said:
ok .. your right..

guess im just a little hurt that i got supplier jacked...

And this is probably the same supplier that AMK is using for his GB or a "distributer" that is simply drop shipping the units from the more central supplier. We have to remember that we are going after a very limited supply chain. We were recently reminded of this when the Toshiba drives suddenly ran out. Even before that, Geeks was unwilling to discount the drives for large orders, from their retail price, because we were all scrambling after the same drives independently. If a commodity is in demand, there is no incentive to discount the price, even for large orders.

Peace,
dave

i understand supply and demand.

hopefuly the supplies come thru.. all i want is a couple of cheap diodes...

daguin

keeperx said:
i understand supply and demand.

hopefuly the supplies come thru.. all i want is a couple of cheap diodes...

Me too, Bro. Me too . . . . .

I've got some nice SILVER faced Toshiba units coming! ::)

I found out after ordering them that they will probably have the DT-0811 sled in them. :-/

Any takers? ;D :p ;D :p ;D

Peace,
dave

IgorT

daguin said:
I found out after ordering them that they will probably have the DT-0811 sled in them. :-/

Well, what is the price?

I would probably take some, just to play with them.. ;)

daguin

IgorT said:
[quote author=daguin link=1213948836/24#26 date=1213979202]I found out after ordering them that they will probably have the DT-0811 sled in them. :-/

Well, what is the price?

I would probably take some, just to play with them.. ;)[/quote]

Let's wait until I have them in hand to know what's there. There are only 4 coming anyway. This won't solve our "shift in reality."

I think that at the power levels you're doing in the units you are making now, that the 0811 diode would be fine. 120mA input for 80mW output would make a great 405nm pointer. The only thing we don't have yet are any longevity or actual use tests. If the 0811 diodes prove rugged enough for 80mW hand held, then the whole "non-functional" HD DVD drive market becomes a source for us. I just picked up a couple of units from Canada at .99 plus $20 shipping ;) As far as I'm concerned $21 is not a bad price for 80mW of blu-ray diode.

Peace,
dave

IgorT

Well as i said, i would only like to play with them. And the power i'm making is not >80mW anymore.. It's >100mW from the start, with higher currents selectable, if deemed safe at a later point.. ;)

But yeah, the DT811 diodes would also make nice lasers.. I need to make some for myself eventually as well.. ;D

airy52

Alright UPDATE: I got them to come down on price for a higher amount. As far as I can see its the lowest quote so far, but I've contacted amkdeath, who is also using this supplier and planning on a gb. I believe we are going to pool our information and make the best out of all the information we have to make a gb soon. Just waiting on info from amkdeath.

IgorT

Well, if you both want to do it, it might be better to only do one GB with more orders and get a better price.

It would also reduce the chances of the supplier getting any strange ideas.