Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Now this is what I call electric mobility.

960x0.jpg

These will only get better and better, just hope we can get them tagged for road use in the US

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’m just imagining the acceleration an electric bike could theoretically have. They are already fast accelerating machines.

The one in my image has 122-140 foot pounds of torque depending on the model, so 0-60 mph ( 0-99 kph ) should be under 2 seconds just like the super bikes I've ridden with comparable weight and torque, although the electric makes big torque from the start, but with no gears the top speed is only 104-126 mph.......which is enough really, should be a thrill to blast around on and I like the quiet operation, you can have fun without alerting every cop within earshot.

960x0.jpg

These will only get better and better, just hope we can get them tagged for road use in the US

That Zero looks like a lot of fun. Very cool! Not as pricey as I imagined, either, but still out of my budget.

The last link, though, the alibaba one... any idea if those are anywhere near street-legal in the USA? I can't imagine $2000-$2500 is going to get you on the road without some serious headaches at the DMV.

That's my concern as well, the Zero bikes I'm sure will be street legal, but the Chinese direct bikes are listed as " racing bikes " so they may be able to sell them here for off-road use only, it might be better to sell them as a kit, that way people could register them as self made ??

It would be nice to be able to buy cheap plug in transportation, if we're even half way serious about " saving the climate " haha......we should allow import of foreign made electric vehicles for on road use, or at least easy certification of foreign made electric vehicles, because getting the cost down would sure make it happen faster.

Hell I would buy the next generation of Chinese electric motorcycle if it had even 75 pound feet of torque and a 150 miles of range, a 2nd battery that you can swap out would be great, that way your 2nd battery is at home charging while you and your bike are out and about, at work, ect....

That's my concern as well, the Zero bikes I'm sure will be street legal, but the Chinese direct bikes are listed as " racing bikes " so they may be able to sell them here for off-road use only, it might be better to sell them as a kit, that way people could register them as self made ??

It would be nice to be able to buy cheap plug in transportation, if we're even half way serious about " saving the climate " haha......we should allow import of foreign made electric vehicles for on road use, or at least easy certification of foreign made electric vehicles, because getting the cost down would sure make it happen faster.

Hell I would buy the next generation of Chinese electric motorcycle if it had even 75 pound feet of torque and a 150 miles of range, a 2nd battery that you can swap out would be great, that way your 2nd battery is at home charging while you and your bike are out and about, at work, ect....
The second battery to swap out is, IMO, the next hurdle to leap over. If everyone charges their vehicle at 240 VAC and 30A over night, and the electric grid is leaning more heavily on solar power, the mathematics just don't work out. But charging more slowly throughout the day won't be a problem if everyone gets a spare battery. Plus, when one battery pack inevitably stops working, you have another one to use to run out and pick up a replacement or whatever.

And if the vehicles in question are motorcycles, they'll be smaller battery packs, using potentially less power, taking less energy to recharge, ... it'd be a better deal for the environment than a big bulky battery in a big bulky car that just gets thrown away when the battery is no good anymore, since you know that they aren't going to standardize the battery packs...