Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to site. Could use some advice on reputable companies in 2022.

bmwskills

Hello. I haven't been active in lasers in 5y or so but I want to buy a handheld 3-5W 2x18650/2x26650 blue (450nmish idc) laser. 2x 16340 run out of battery too fast. I hyperlinked everything but apperently you have to have 20 posts to post links :(((. If you message me I'll send you the links if you want so you can refer.
I previously bought a 3W 2x 18650 450nm blue laser from oxlasers on aliexpress. It was a legit 3W, but the power button would engage with too much jostling. Eventually it must have stayed turned on in a backpack, and the the glass lens burnt itself, and was unable to be taken all the way out.

Where can I find reputable [real wattage] blue handheld lasers nowadays for decent prices?
I have searched and searched and seem to come up with 4 different options. PLEASE let me know if you have better options available! Thanks.

Sanwu Striker 7W $500 - Expensive, large large beem divergance [see yt review at 5:36 timestamp]. Note: Do beam extenders decrease overall output?
Jet Lasers PLE-Pro 5W $289 - Less expensive. Don't know about divergance. Reviews seem good.
Laserpointerstore.com Thor H 2 3W $120 - The H2 uses 2x26650 rather than the M2 which uses 2x16340 which will run out quickly. The 3W is $120 and the 5W is $269 so might as well just go with Jet ple at that point. I can't guarantee the 3W claim but I think it will be somewhere within that range which is good for the price.
Oxlasers OX-BX9 5W $178 - 5W, good price. [Probably] 5W. They have had good reviews from people in the past, but again can't guarantee 5W output. Has a tube to extend to 2x18650.

For a cheap trick I could buy an ebay handheld blue laser [stuff for like $60-80], you can find some with 2x18650 but they're probably only .5W-1W. Or theres the Laserpointerstore.com Thor M 2 3W $89, but it's 2x16340.

Is anyone aware of other reputable real wattage laser sources with handheld burning blue lasers for good prices? Preferably 2x18650/2x26650 3-5W. I've done a lot of searching and any resources would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello. I haven't been active in lasers in 5y or so but I want to buy a handheld 3-5W 2x18650/2x26650 blue (450nmish idc) laser. 2x 16340 run out of battery too fast. I hyperlinked everything but apperently you have to have 20 posts to post links :(((. If you message me I'll send you the links if you want so you can refer.
I previously bought a 3W 2x 18650 450nm blue laser from oxlasers on aliexpress. It was a legit 3W, but the power button would engage with too much jostling. Eventually it must have stayed turned on in a backpack, and the the glass lens burnt itself, and was unable to be taken all the way out.

Where can I find reputable [real wattage] blue handheld lasers nowadays for decent prices?
I have searched and searched and seem to come up with 4 different options. PLEASE let me know if you have better options available! Thanks.

Sanwu Striker 7W $500 - Expensive, large large beem divergance [see yt review at 5:36 timestamp]. Note: Do beam extenders decrease overall output?
Jet Lasers PLE-Pro 5W $289 - Less expensive. Don't know about divergance. Reviews seem good.
Laserpointerstore.com Thor H 2 3W $120 - The H2 uses 2x26650 rather than the M2 which uses 2x16340 which will run out quickly. The 3W is $120 and the 5W is $269 so might as well just go with Jet ple at that point. I can't guarantee the 3W claim but I think it will be somewhere within that range which is good for the price.
Oxlasers OX-BX9 5W $178 - 5W, good price. [Probably] 5W. They have had good reviews from people in the past, but again can't guarantee 5W output. Has a tube to extend to 2x18650.

For a cheap trick I could buy an ebay handheld blue laser [stuff for like $60-80], you can find some with 2x18650 but they're probably only .5W-1W. Or theres the Laserpointerstore.com Thor M 2 3W $89, but it's 2x16340.

Is anyone aware of other reputable real wattage laser sources with handheld burning blue lasers for good prices? Preferably 2x18650/2x26650 3-5W. I've done a lot of searching and any resources would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi'
Sanwu or Jet lasers forget about the others , these two are the best bet .
Rich:)

Photophile

Hi'
Sanwu or Jet lasers forget about the others , these two are the best bet .
Hello Lifetime. I've checked out some of your past work, and you do an acceptional job!

Would it be possible for you to make something very similar (or identical) to the Sawn Striker host? I'm wanting to put the NDG7475 1W 520nm Diode in 12mm Module w/ Driver from DTRs in it.

*18650s if possible.

Hello Lifetime. I've checked out some of your past work, and you do an acceptional job!

Would it be possible for you to make something very similar (or identical) to the Sawn Striker host? I'm wanting to put the NDG7475 1W 520nm Diode in 12mm Module w/ Driver from DTRs in it.

*18650s if possible.
Hi,
Sorry I wish i could help you out. I only machine conventional basic hosts . What you see is basically what I machine all are prewired so you can drop in your choice of module and driver.

Photophile

Hi,
Sorry I wish i could help you out. I only machine conventional basic hosts . What you see is basically what I machine all are prewired so you can drop in your choice of module and driver.
Which host do you work with that gives the best duty cycle? I got a few modules from DTRs and need something suitable, functionally and cosmetically for them.

1671917481756.png

Photophile

You can check out some of my pointers here:

I can do some custom work as well.
I have already ordered your 8W kit, and it is way better than my 1W WL Arctic. I left you a couple of messages in regards to a custom 1W green kit, and a red kit. I figured that you were busy being this time of season, and didn’t want to be a pain with a bunch of messages.

I have been eyeballing a couple of your host kits for my DTR order. I just don’t want to have 3 of my 4 lasers looking almost identical if I can help it.

If I can’t find a host that meets my requirements in the next week or two, then I’ll grab a couple from your store for sure.

Thanks for helping an old fart like me that is new to the laser scene for the most part.