Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW Stainless Steel Host Assembly Available from Survival Laser!! (Photo Heavy)

Good Job Gary!

These are going to be a huge success!!

You can't beat the sexy stainless steel, huge Heatsink and killer price.

I should be getting mine any day now.:yh:

Thanks again Gary for the honor and privilege of being the very first person to order one of these Baby's.

If all goes well, I will have a review of it up on Saturday with many photos of the Host, through the build, to BeamShots.

I got some Blue GITD tailcaps coming in from Jeff (FlaminPyro), that I think will look killer on the back and an Ezfocuser from JayRob that I will be putting on the front.

I ordered one of Moh's 1.62A drivers that I will be installing and a M140 455NM Blue Laser Diode module from DTR.

I was going to wait to install DTR's module into a future Laser build, but I'm going to use it now for this build as this host will do very well for the power output with it's massive heatsink.

This is going to be fun, it's like Christmas waiting for it to all get here. :san:

Last edited:

I might as well just send you my credit card. It would be easier on everybody.

Glenn

Encap

Now you've done it--nice one.

Undoubtedly it will be a big success. Best of luck with the new product!

A something different option like your new host is long overdue. Just the heat sink alone makes it a compelling host.

The new host is beyond great---do not know what to say other than it is a breath of fresh air. I for one am sick of every host being aluminum generally speaking.

Best of luck with it!

Garoq

Thanks guys for your support and comments!

This project has been in the works for several months, and it was great to finally make it public.

Thanks guys for your support and comments!

This project has been in the works for several months, and it was great to finally make it public.

Thanks again Gary for this beautiful Host!!

This will be my first Stainless Steel and what a beauty.:D

Garoq

Thanks again Gary for this beautiful Host!!

This will be my first Stainless Steel and what a beauty.:D

Thanks John, good luck with the build!

It was my first stainless steel laser too. :shhh:

Stix62

Please dont hate me :D, I think it looks great until you put one of those awful extended focus adapter's on the end (not my thing at all - so ugly).
I'd love to see one where the heatsink chamfers at less of an angle (down to 3/4") so I could fit a custom 3/4" focus adapter on. please please please :D

Wow, sweet host, I love stainless!

EDIT: I agree with Stix62, not a fan of the extended focus adapters
I also like to see a complete stainless look, hiding the copper as well, if a copper heat sink is used

Last edited:

Garoq

Please dont hate me :D, I think it looks great until you put one of those awful extended focus adapter's on the end (not my thing at all - so ugly).
I'd love to see one where the heatsink chamfers at less of an angle (down to 3/4") so I could fit a custom 3/4" focus adapter on. please please please :D

Haha, to each his own. ;) You know, the main reason for the particular aspect ratio of the extended focus adapter was so that I could still use the lens caps we love so much. Plus I'm a rocket guy, and the focus adapters look like nozzles to me. :)

I'm going to be releasing a version with a shorter heat sink (from the SL-II aluminum host bundle) that your adapter should work with perfectly, depending on its length. It is intended for drivers with shorter wires (like the SL-I)...you can use drivers with longer wires but you will have to be careful not to pinch the wires between the heat sink and pill during assembly.

6944157767_c87026faec_b.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I like the coppers look sticking out like that, and if you chose to use the smaller Copper Heatsink then it will have it's tradeoffs, but it's like Gary says, to each their own.

That's why it's great that you're offering different options with this host Gary!!

I'm going to be putting on one of JayRob's EzFocuser's. We'll see how it looks with that.

It will cover the copper from the front view but It will still show some copper from the side view, I'm sure.

Either way, to me it's worth it to not burn my fingers..:yh:

Maybe you or JayRob will come up with a focuser that is round but would extend down to cover up the copper for those who don't want for it to show?

That way you don't lose the larger Copper's heatsinking abilities and will have longer run times!

Just a thought!!!

Last edited:

Garoq

Personally I like the coppers look sticking out like that, and if you chose to use the smaller Copper Heatsink then it will have it's tradeoffs, but it's like Gary says, to each their own.

That's why it's great that you're offering different options with this host Gary!!

I'm going to be putting on one of JayRob's EzFocuser's. We'll see how it looks with that.

It will cover the copper from the front view but It will still show some copper from the side view, I'm sure.

Either way, to me it's worth it to not burn my fingers..:yh:

Maybe you or JayRob will come up with a focuser that is round but would extend down to cover up the copper for those who don't want for it to show?

That way you don't lose the larger Copper's heatsinking abilities and will have longer run times!

Just a thought!!!

Those are good ideas and I'm definitely thinking about it!