Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New site live - please report any questions/issues here

I was looking through some of the new features and the donation thing is fine as to having a site supporter tag with it but i think every one should be able to use the live chat feature with out having to pay. I think it will bring more harmony to the forum but i could be wrong

Coonie

How many admins are there btw?

Oh and I love how you can disable signatures!

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm the only admin just have 2 accounts since they have different purpose, regarding the points, thats odd it went backwards, maybe it was b/c a thread got deleted where content was liked? not sure

Benm

Yeah, i have 113 points as well, doubt that would be some kind of coincidence right?

I'ts a bit of a strange number to get stuck at (if it were 127 or 255 or something it would make sense), but then again i'm not sure how it's caclulated in the first place :D

I'm the only admin just have 2 accounts since they have different purpose, regarding the points, thats odd it went backwards, maybe it was b/c a thread got deleted where content was liked? not sure

No, that can't be the reason. My post count has not gone down by a single post since my point number did. Before it went down nobody had the same number of points, but now many people are stuck at 113. I'm just trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

diachi

No, that can't be the reason. My post count has not gone down by a single post since my point number did. Before it went down nobody had the same number of points, but now many people are stuck at 113. I'm just trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

Pretty sure mine has been at 113 since the start.

Not that it really matters.

I'm just trying to figure out how things work around here now. The only reason I knew what my points were was because I had no idea what they mean and just made a mental note of it. Now that they seem to be the same for many members here, I still want to know what they mean and how this all works.

diachi

I'm just trying to figure out how things work around here now. The only reason I knew what my points were was because I had no idea what they mean and just made a mental note of it. Now that they seem to be the same for many members here, I still want to know what they mean and how this all works.

Here's what the points mean.

pThlOSW.jpg

To check your own, go to your profile and click on "points". It'll list which ones you have.

Yes, I've seen this before. But, it isn't exactly comprehensible. Does it mean you must get more "likes" to that same post? Does it mean you have to follow that post with others of the same type that are liked? Or do you only need to be "liked" in general?

If this is a competition to see who is "liked" by more members, I don't want to play. It sounds silly.

diachi

Yes, I've seen this before. But, it isn't exactly comprehensible. Does it mean you must get more "likes" to that same post? Does it mean you have to follow that post with others of the same type that are liked? Or do you only need to be "liked" in general?

If this is a competition to see who is "liked" by more members, I don't want to play. It sounds silly.

Liked in general. :)