Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW! Sanwu - X5 Beam Expander

I found this, it's 11.5 x 0.5 I wonder if it might be close enough if i drill the hole tight ?
I also put in a request at Regal.

edit: I ordered one to try out, we are talking about 1/10 of a mm so if it's cut towards the small side I may be in business, if not I will have one made.

Last edited:
Well, I got a message back from regal tools. Here's what they said. Looks like we need 3 or more people to get a reasonable deal, 6 would be best.
--------------------------------

Thank you for reaching out to Regal for your quote. Please see below for pricing and lead time on the items you requested.

*Special*

M11.4 X .5 HSS 6H 4FL PLUG

1 pc – $217.30 per pc

2 pc – $161.60 per pc

3 pc – $115.30 per pc

6 pc – $80.20 per pc

4-5 day lead time

*Special to make. No cancel. No Return.*

Please let me know if you would like to place an order on this or if you have any questions.

The one I ordered from China is already in the US so I should have it next week some time. If it doesn't work then I'll probably want one.

The one I ordered from China is already in the US so I should have it next week some time. If it doesn't work then I'll probably want one.
WOW! Already got it. Sometimes I get things from China faster than I can from my own country. I will test it out today hopefully.

I already have brass pieces that are tapped M9 x .5 that I use for the "G-Ball" adapters. I was able to drill it and tap it halfway and so I have an easy to make adapter. It's thin walled on the new end but it seems fairly strong still.

1700344802091.png

Last edited:
Well, I got a message back from regal tools. Here's what they said. Looks like we need 3 or more people to get a reasonable deal, 6 would be best.
--------------------------------

Thank you for reaching out to Regal for your quote. Please see below for pricing and lead time on the items you requested.

*Special*

M11.4 X .5 HSS 6H 4FL PLUG

1 pc – $217.30 per pc

2 pc – $161.60 per pc

3 pc – $115.30 per pc

6 pc – $80.20 per pc

4-5 day lead time

*Special to make. No cancel. No Return.*

Please let me know if you would like to place an order on this or if you have any questions.
Hi,
Wow I didn't pay that much for one I think it was about 110.00 custom made . Gee talk about inflation ...
Rich:)

I already have brass pieces that are tapped M9 x .5 that I use for the "G-Ball" adapters. I was able to drill it and tap it halfway and so I have an easy to make adapter. It's thin walled on the new end but it seems fairly strong still.

View attachment 76746
Hi,
After I tapped the material I used some fine 3M pad to smooth out the threads worked out great for me. Enjoy have fun ..
Rich:)

I have a busy day tomorrow and then Wed is turkey day, but if you haven't heard something by the end of the week, then I could send you 1 of mine and you can send me one of your new batch when you get them.

I have a busy day tomorrow and then Wed is turkey day, but if you haven't heard something by the end of the week, then I could send you 1 of mine and you can send me one of your new batch when you get them.
Thanks! I might take you up on that. They did respond saying that they had to make the adapters from scratch because they've been discontinued and that they would provide tracking info when they do finally ship.

I bet they are still looking for the best objective/output lens and it looks like they are glued into a machined seat, I don't see any kind of retaining ring or anything, just some black bits from what ever they are using as an adhesive.
The dust is just household dust on the lens.
SANY7426.JPGSANY7437.JPG

Last edited: