Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New horizons Nichia NUBC31T coming soon 465nm 13W rated!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Very impressive. And all for the low low price of 1/10000th of what a 15 watt blue laser cost 20 years ago. Excelsior!

I'm sure this won't be cheap. But I've been playing with lasers long enough to know just how much 'cheap' has been redefined over the last couple decades.

Me want 🤤

Darktron

Very impressive. And all for the low low price of 1/10000th of what a 15 watt blue laser cost 20 years ago. Excelsior!

I'm sure this won't be cheap. But I've been playing with lasers long enough to know just how much 'cheap' has been redefined over the last couple decades.

Me want 🤤
I totally agree with you.
I'm very confident this diode is capable of 4.5V 10A = 45w input that is astonishing for a single diode.
I don't want one, I need one!
🍻

Darktron

Funny enough I've been talking about diode pins not being big enough for more current usually 0.4 - 0.6mm. I've told friends about them needing bigger pins on diodes and boom nichia releases this with 1mm pins. Thicker the pins = more power.😉

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Try to imagine the waste heat that you'll need to contend with. That is by far the majority of the power used by these diodes.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Try to imagine the waste heat that you'll need to contend with. That is by far the majority of the power used by these diodes.
Short duty cycle in pointers, water cooling for cutters. I hope they give us some high power red and green in this package.

Waste heat will be less than just 2 of our usual 7W diodes as we drive them and we manage the heat from 14, 20, 24 tightly packed diode arrays, the waste heat from these will not be an issue.

Darktron

Waste heat will be less than just 2 of our usual 7W diodes as we drive them and we manage the heat from 14, 20, 24 tightly packed diode arrays, the waste heat from these will not be an issue.
Agree these newer diodes are way more efficient than 7W diodes. Their nominal voltage is also lower than other diodes.

Last edited:
With great power comes great responsibility......

With this much power even the smallest speck of dust on the diode window or any optics will likely cause epic failures. Keeping 2 watt diodes safe is hard enough let alone this beast.

These also raise the danger and liability factor by quite a large margin.

Ooooh man…. Guess I found the next diode I’m going to purchase, now I’ll need to figure out how to mount this new case they've built it in to replace the canned/backfilled NUBM07 in my lab build. Already set up with corrective optics which should help with this diode. Any idea on when it will be available?