Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New & Hello

Hey all...
Just figured I'd chime in and say hello. I'm a small (very small) business owner and firefighter.

Very cool forum, been reading for a cpl hours and my head hurts.

I've always been facinated by lasers and and always loved having the el-cheapo type for the cat. Need a new one, lost the other....hence my finding this forum.

But would like to get a green with visable beam at night for reasonable pricing, including charger and that will send to US...since I just learned only <5mW is allowed here. I was looking at Wickedlasers.com found via Google, anyone shop there and can advise on a good one for less than $100? Was looking at the E2 Series. Can the beam be seen well? Shows on their site that they are "100% Legal". Or any other sites?

Also a good choice for cheap green to play with cat! :)

Yep, would also like one that I can amaze my friends with with balloons and matches ;)

Thanks for any advice! Have a great weekend.

jakeGT

With your cat, don't go above 5mW. For yourself however, grab a nice 100mW from rayfoss, or o-like.com

They will have what you want, and are relatively cheap, good quality, and good customer service!

Also, make sure with powers aboce 5mW, to wear safety glasses designed for lasers, as above 5mW, even a relfection in your eye can permanently damage your eyes, and you only have 2 of those this go around.

And most importantly, WELCOME to the forums!

Ha ha, yep, I'll be safe with the kitty.,,no worries there.

Yep, learned about the glasses on here, thank you.

So...no go on the Wickedlaser? Any suggestions on the O-Like site for what I want? and, any good places online for the green, see the beam, kitty safe one?

Thanks for the welcome!

jakeGT

Wickedlaser, IMHO is the WORST company ever.

If you order today, you may have something in hand in a few months.

O-like, any of the 100mW greenies would be fine. And for the cat, I like a simple walmart two dolalr keychain laser

Or, go to dealextreme.com and purchase a 1mW or <5mW model

Thanks for the welcome! Always safe! (hence my member name :) )Wow, wicked has that bad of customer service? Ok, got it. They do have one heck of a nice website though! Will the 100mW pop a balloon and maybe light a match up close?

Interesting seeing the nanometer term on here, I haven't heard anyone know of a nanometer or micron since I was in fiber optics back in the 90's...lol

Thanks for the welcome! Always safe! (hence my member name :) )Wow, wicked has that bad of customer service? Ok, got it. They do have one heck of a nice website though! Will the 100mW pop a balloon and maybe light a match up close?

Interesting seeing the nanometer term on here, I haven't heard anyone know of a nanometer or micron since I was in fiber optics back in the 90's...lol

mm, I've had some 100mW lasers and not ever can light a match. Ballons are very simple with a 100mW especially black ballons, but not ever can light a match. Probably, the Wicked will can, but a cheap 100mw laser never light a match

jakeGT

That is of course if wickeds lasers are even up to spec.

Trust me firefighter, they may have a cool website and cool claims, but they are NOT a good company in my opinion. I would NEVER order ANYTHING from wicked.

But that is just my opinion of course..

Try o-like out, I gaurantee you will have a good transaction with them. Go for 200mW if you want to light matches, I have a 150mW rayfoss green, and it can light matches, but takes a little while. It pops balloons easy though.

Im about to sell it if you are interested.