Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New exciting drivers coming soon!

Giannis_TDM

🍻 Long time no see,
3 new drivers for the winter season!
First and foremost, In my opinion the most Impressive,
4A buck
Input range: 4-16v
Input V > Output V
Reverse polarity protection
Set current upon order, user changeable w/resistor change
Unprecedented power density
High efficiency at 94%! No heat sink required for output <2A!
Extremely small size at only 10mm x 9,8mm!!!!!
Price: 25$
image.png
image.png

800mA buck-boost,
Input V Less/higher/equal to Output V
Input range: 2.7-5.5v
Max output V: 5.5v
11turn potentiometer to adjust in a 60mA-800mA range
15.9 x 9.6mm size, Price 30$(higher than usual because the main IC itself made by analog devices is almost 8 USD!!)
image.png

image.png

400mA boost,
Input V < Output V
Input range: 3v-6v
Min vin: 3v
Max output voltage: 16V
5 turn potentiometer to adjust in a 18mA-400mA range
13.6 x 9.9mm size, Price 25$
image.png
image.png

I am aware that some drivers do not have their respective 3D models in components, Don't worry, you will be seeing them IRL soon enough ;).
For context shipping on drivers is a flat 7$ to almost anywhere in the world, each driver is hand soldered by me in Greece and tested on a keithley DMM6500 7 digit multi meter and a rigol DS 1154Z oscilloscope! For every order I set your desired current at no extra charge! You will also receive the respective measurement electronically! Thanks for looking and choosing me for the previous over 200 drivers sold since 2017!

The initial run will be as follows to gauge the demand:
By November 15 I will have:
10x 400mA boosts
2x 800mA buck boosts
5x 4A bucks(tiny version)

Preorders will also be accepted with the shipping date being Nov 16!

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Update! Due to the good demand I am seeing I will be ordering everything with fed ex international priority shipping! should have the requested drivers ready by Nov 7th at most! Also the main thread has been updated with a tad more info on voltage output ranges!

Last edited:
Can't wait!

How does the 400ma boost compare to your current smaller 7.2mm x 12.9mm 800ma boost on your website?

Giannis_TDM

Can't wait!

How does the 400ma boost compare to your current smaller 7.2mm x 12.9mm 800ma boost on your website?
Efficiency should be close to slightly better, input and output specs are similar, main difference is the 5 turn potentiometer giving the user very fine adjustments. Also technically for a blue diode the 400mA boost could even reach an output current of 800mA easy, Internal switch fet is rated for 1.1A. I just gave a big overhead so users can even use multiple series LEDs with the 400mA boost not just laser diodes, to 'mod' the 400mA boost for 800mA you just replace the .5 ohm res with a .25ohm one, If you do that though I can't guarantee any output spec above 400mA for any configuration.

Only posting here so I can find this thread more easily. I may have an order...just can't tell yet. Good luck with your driver service.