Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Needing a new camera now.

So today my sister had my camera and she dropped it and the lens jammed and is messed up now. i tried to fix, but i had no luck.
I'm looking for a really decent camera with at least 8mp sensor, 4x zoom and portable.
Under 150$ please. Give me some ideas of whats hott now. Thankss

Benm

My latest compact is lumix fx-500, which fits your demands, but perhaps is a bit over $150. It really is a nifty little compact camera with full manual exposure options and image stabilizer.

I'm not sure if it is the best option on the market today, but i'm pretty pleased with the resulsts. Only real downside is that it has a 10 megapixel sensor which is quite prone to noise. Major upsides are 25mm wide angle shots, and optical zoom to 125mm with pretty crisp images.

I would recommend this camera, unless noise is a major concern.

Well i got me a new one of course. I went with Kodak 10mp.
Check the multimedia section for the pics

Good job on asking for help and then ignoring everyone :whistle::rolleyes:

Well smart one, There was only 1 friggin reply from teh time i asked to the time i purchased the camera. look at the time stamps on the posts. Duh.

I have an Olympus FE-340 and I love it. It's 8mp, 5x zoom, and you can get it for 100$ of less if you look hard enough. I can pm pics if you want me to. =)

Well smart one, There was only 1 friggin reply from teh time i asked to the time i purchased the camera. look at the time stamps on the posts. Duh.

now now wessypoo lets take this like ADULTS and remain calm

no need to get on the offensive big boy

^^Talk like adults? No offense but didn't you just write this rather immature comment? :):)

now now wessypoo lets take this like ADULTS and remain calm

no need to get on the offensive big boy

If someone calls you ignorant for no reason, an there the one that is ignorant as they did not pay attention, i feel the need to make a correction to his reply. Alright Lets talk camera's now. MY camera is a beast ! haha.

Jaseth

Well you did still ask a question and then go out and buy a camera without listening the person which had replied or waiting for others to reply, after which you did not even thank anyone for their help when you returned and several more had spent time helping you. That seems a waste of other people's time to me and rather rude.. but let's not start a big fight over this.

I am glad to hear you got a nice camera! Let us see some cool beamshots and other pictures soon (; Is there any significant noise in the picture or would you say it has a clean performance?

Well you did still ask a question and then go out and buy a camera without listening the person which had replied or waiting for others to reply, after which you did not even thank anyone for their help when you returned and several more had spent time helping you. That seems a waste of other people's time to me and rather rude.. but let's not start a big fight over this.

I am glad to hear you got a nice camera! Let us see some cool beamshots and other pictures soon (; Is there any significant noise in the picture or would you say it has a clean performance?

Yeah 'oh well its bought now lol. Yeah super pics, There was a reflection on the camera tho because of my wall was burning and there was a huge reflection on the opposite wall.

Jaseth

Wow I must say it is really great at capturing blu-ray! That beam looks so good it almost appears edited into the photo.. don't get featured on hack-a-mod like jayrob because people will claim that your are photoshopping your pictures ;)

Have you done anything special with the colour balance or exposure time? It sure is rare to find a camera which really depicts blu-ray as that deep violet colour we all love!

Wow I must say it is really great at capturing blu-ray! That beam looks so good it almost appears edited into the photo.. don't get featured on hack-a-mod like jayrob because people will claim that your are photoshopping your pictures ;)

Have you done anything special with the colour balance or exposure time? It sure is rare to find a camera which really depicts blu-ray as that deep violet colour we all love!

haha lets hope i dont get on there :p
The exposure time was i think around 4 seconds and that all i added on the camera. Its the reason i bought this one because my friend had it and i took it home and checked how the beam turns out and i said i had to get one like it. Yup really nice color. I made a balloon pop video with it, Buts its almost half a gig in size so yeah..