Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DIY Blu-Ray

maybe you guys didn't understand I will still be able to focus that is what the cutout would be for, the only diff would be that it doesn't have that Roundhead it has now. Damn I wish I could draw to explain.

daguin

thejunkmonger said:
maybe you guys didn't understand I will still be able to focus that is what the cutout would be for, the only diff would be that it doesn't have that Roundhead it has now. Damn I wish I could draw to explain.

I think I've got it now ;)

If you eliminate the rounded head, you are left with a hexagonal barrel with a "squared off" end?. If you do that it will loose some of its "steam punk" look. It will become more "modern" looking. If I've got it right now, I say leave the rounded head.

Peace,
dave

You need some cellulose in this thread. I still think that this looks nautical, what about a tripod? Your hands are going to get tired holding that for too long.
lam-01-lg.jpg

thanks for the tips guys. As far as a wood and brass tripod would be cool but it would need to be small and small means expensive so that is out for now. I would like to make a charging stand though in the future.

SMIDSY

thejunkmonger said:
thanks for the tips guys. As far as a wood and brass tripod would be cool but it would need to be small and small means expensive so that is out for now. I would like to make a charging stand though in the future.

you could machine a brass stand! like they used to have for telescopes!

like this but better looking: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SOLID-BRAS...ryZ22608QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that would look fantastic

I agree the stand is a must...

infact someone should put a BR inside a brass ye olde telescope so that when open its in burning mode and closed is is dot mode and mount it on a stand :D

SMIDSY said:
[quote author=thejunkmonger link=1211214201/108#116 date=1211864411]thanks for the tips guys. As far as a wood and brass tripod would be cool but it would need to be small and small means expensive so that is out for now. I would like to make a charging stand though in the future.

you could machine a brass stand! like they used to have for telescopes!

like this but better looking: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SOLID-BRAS...ryZ22608QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that would look fantastic

I agree the stand is a must...

infact someone should put a BR inside a brass ye olde telescope so that when open its in burning mode and closed is is dot mode and mount it on a stand  :D[/quote]

Sounds good but I don't have anymore brass :( nor the skills to make a tripod. And who knows if i'll ever finish this argggg still no diode or driver in the mail.

One of the 2 set screws for the battery cap. Only problem with building things from scrap is when you screw up your stuck with it because some of the parts you use you can't find replacements. the threading is not straight was in a rush and screwed it up.

Attachments

• IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 77
Spyderz20x6 said:
Titan cat... very... interesting... :-?

You making fun at the name LOL it's the first thing that popped in to my head with the letters I had TITANIC TITANIC

thejunkmonger said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1211214201/120#120 date=1212185091]Titan cat... very... interesting... :-?

You making fun at the name LOL it's the first thing that popped in to my head with the letters I had TITANIC TITANIC[/quote]
 ;D

I wasn't making fun of you, just... amazed? :p

My LavaDrive2 showed up in the mail this morning :) :) now all I need is for the LD to show up. Also the Axis glass lens module was in the package and I can't for the life of me see the blue tint on the lens, is there a way for me to make it show up better? maybe it's not coated that would be awesome.
:) :) :)

thejunkmonger said:
My LavaDrive2 showed up in the mail this morning :) :) now all I need is for the LD to show up. Also the Axis glass lens module was in the package and I can't for the life of me see the blue tint on the lens, is there a way for me to make it show up better? maybe it's not coated that would be awesome.
:)  :)  :)

View it under direct light, and kinda 'swivel' it around a bit. At one certain angle you will notice that the 'reflection' is blue tinted. Thats the AR coating for 650nm red.

yes found it under sunlight it's much less coated than the dilda , on another note the lavadrive seems too big for my design arggggggggg.

one of my fabrication methods :) I thought this one deserved a picture.....

Attachments

• IMG_5274.jpg
    IMG_5274.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 84

daguin

thejunkmonger said:
one of my fabrication methods :) I thought this one deserved a picture.....

MAH MAN!!!!!!

Let's hear it for "low tech"

Peace,
dave