Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 445 build

Benm

Looks pretty nice to me - the elctrical isolation the 445s make them easier to mount directly into a heatsink.

I guess it would be feasible to knife edge even more of these lasers to end up with a somewhat square beam profile at a distance, but it would be hard to get enough power from other colors to match.

Ezcal

Very cool, I always enjoy seeing your multi-diode-super builds. 445nm is one of my favorites at the moment, so this should be extra cool.

dnar

Looks like this is going to be a nice build.

I am awaiting arrival of 4 PBS ordered via PL, for my 445 lab build for my 2nd projector. I have always been curious about "knife edging" but have yet to see a simple example and explanation...

Looks like this is going to be a nice build.

I am awaiting arrival of 4 PBS ordered via PL, for my 445 lab build for my 2nd projector. I have always been curious about "knife edging" but have yet to see a simple example and explanation...

people seem to get hung up on knife edging, its the easiest thing in the world to do. and it does exactly what it says on the tin

dnar

people seem to get hung up on knife edging, its the easiest thing in the world to do. and it does exactly what it says on the tin
Hi Andy, can you recommend a good link/resource for those who have not done it before? I am at a loss as to what you even use. I have seen a fair few images here and there (PL included) but I don't get it. A lot of the images and posts assume a certain amount of knowledge on the subject.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, can you recommend a good link/resource for those who have not done it before? I am at a loss as to what you even use. I have seen a fair few images here and there (PL included) but I don't get it. A lot of the images and posts assume a certain amount of knowledge on the subject.

Cheers.

when get home from work ill post some info up. might even make a page on my site so people can easily link to it

20101027_015.jpg

Cheers.

is this any help?

Laser Man - KNIFE EDGING

Morgan

30idou8.jpg

I resized that pic for you Andy, if you want to copy into your post? I know how frustrated you get that the site doesn't do it automatically! :D

Looking good BTW.

M
:)

dnar

lol cheers morgan and yes the lack of auto resizing does annoy me ;)
Hi Andy, more of knife edging.

As I have a few FS mirrors that Dave provided to me, all I need is a few mounts and away I go right? So I can Knife Edge just 2 x 445nm K@S10 LD's fitted with Azis glass right? Are telescopics also required? If so, where can I obtain them from?