Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving to Greenville Texas?

Asherz

Looking for a little advice :)

My family is considering a move from the UK to Greenville in texas, due to a job opportunity, and I know there a few people here on the forum that live in Texas, just wandering if anyone knew what the place was like? I checked it out on Google maps street view and I'm not going to lie, it doesn't look like the nicest of places, a bit derelict.

Personally I like the look of Austin, but I'm not sure if the positioning of the job allows for that, due to distance issues.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice :)

shhh

I am around a hr away from greenville.
You would love Austin better than greenville but its not that bad.
I havent been in a while and i know it has grown some. but its no big city

Asherz

I am around a hr away from greenville.
You would love Austin better than greenville but its not that bad.
I havent been in a while and i know it has grown some. but its no big city

Do you know how long austin to Dallas is by any chance? :)

thanks for the info

shhh

I searched on google and came up with around 180 ish miles.
Is the job gonna be in Greenville?
Raytheon?

Austin is really cool --lots to do and all, but the cost of living there is somewhat higher than other parts of Tx. When would this move be happening? We are now organizing carpooling and caravaning from central Tx to the big LEM aug 19-21 in Newton, North Carolina--SELEM.

hak

Asherz

Austin is really cool --lots to do and all, but the cost of living there is somewhat higher than other parts of Tx. When would this move be happening? We are now organizing carpooling and caravaning from central Tx to the big LEM aug 19-21 in Newton, North Carolina--SELEM.

hak

Unfortunatly it won't be until next year, I'll most probabally be staying in the UK as I'm heading off to uni this september, so I'll be coming over to TX if we move during the holidays in between uni, I'll make sure if there's a LEM next year I'll be out in TX and find my way too it, would be epic to come meet up with some of you guys.

Also the job is in the center of Dallas, can anyone reccomend any nice areas nearby to checkout that could be a possible alternative to Greenville?

Last edited:
Well we have many great members in that part of Tx so I know they can be of help/notably Is LarryDFW and Mr Willing(name is Austin) also KevinMassey et al.

One common thread of LEMs is nobody will be asking you 'Why lasers?' and that is priceless.

len

Well after living in Austin for most of my childhood, I have to say I loved it!! There's plenty to do and such. Its just a different place and so diverse.

If your job allows it Austin all the way!! :D