Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini-review 50mW Green module from Fasttech

Just saw this! Only $9 for a 100 mW module, that really is a fantastic deal...great review btw and thanks for letting us know! +1 :beer:

Edit: Sorry got to spread some...

Last edited:

I don't want to steal all your thunder blord, but I was the one that recommended them to him as I've had good luck with them. :wave:

Last edited:

Blord

It works with 3.7-4.2v cells. The driver is linear so any excessive voltage is turned into heat. So the driver must be heatsinked very well.

I found out the driver still regulate at 2.6V. Any lower and the current also drops.
These modules are meant for two AAA cells.

I was about to order a few but I was looking at the pics of it and it doesn't have a pot, whats going on? Did you guys have to ask for a pot or something? I'm not too keen on ordering if it doesn't have a pot :(

Blord

My green module has a pot. Maybe ask Fasttech for the current batch modules if they have a pot.

Its because there pictures of the bottom side. They All have pots I checked with my recent order.

Blord

I have received two more green module from Fasttech. The outputs are peak 80mW and 50mW. Still on spec but no cherry on the cream now.