Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Micro-Drive laser driver by rkcstr

rkcstr

Re: Micro-Driver laser driver *NOW ADJUSTABLE*

Whew... I'm getting back to work on these things after getting back in town this afternoon and I just realized I have 9 orders to work on... which constitutes about 51 drivers to assemble, 4 test loads, and a large number of kits. So, tonight and tomorrow evening I'm going to be working on orders, then Tuesday I'm taking a whole day off of work to work on these! So, I'm determined to get these out in the next few days.

I appreciate everybody's patience and though I know you're eager to get the new drivers, you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

daguin

rkcstr said:
I appreciate everybody's patience and though I know you're eager to get the new drivers, you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

If you see this before you start on mine, please read my email. I'm attempting to alter the order (the MA's NOT the number of units)

Peace,
dave

rkcstr

daguin said:
If you see this before you start on mine, please read my email.  I'm attempting to alter the order (the MA's NOT the number of units)

Peace,
dave

Yup, I got it, not a problem!

I stopped getting ujpdate e-mails on all my threads... I jsut checked back and NOOOOOOOOOOO i missed the first batch...

rkcstr

amkdeath said:
I stopped getting ujpdate e-mails on all my threads... I jsut checked back and NOOOOOOOOOOO i missed the first batch...

Haha, there's not really a "batch", so you didn't miss anything. You can order some if you like, but the wait will be longer than normal, as I'm backed up at the moment.

just placed an order!!! YAAAAY!!!

Oh BTW, I left special instructions, please PM me if you cant do those...

daguin

rkcstr said:
. . . the wait will be longer than normal, as I'm backed up at the moment.

Eat more fruit :D

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=rkcstr link=1206947255/276#277 date=1212365066] . . . the wait will be longer than normal, as I'm backed up at the moment.

Eat more fruit :D

Peace,
dave[/quote]

GAH ! Yer killin me !

Rkcstr - my mail here at the house has been boogered up the past few days - I have barely even received any junk mail, I think there is a new mail person :( Anyways - I can't recall if you told me you shipped my biggie sized order or not - this is not a pestering note (well, it MAY be, but it's not intended that way :p) just wondering if I need to mug the mail person tomorrow and demand packages or not :p

rkcstr

SenKat_Stonetek said:
GAH !  Yer killin me !

Rkcstr - my mail here at the house has been boogered up the past few days - I have barely even received any junk mail, I think there is a new mail person :(  Anyways - I can't recall if you told me you shipped my biggie sized order or not - this is not a pestering  note (well, it MAY be, but it's not intended that way :p) just wondering if I need to mug the mail person tomorrow and demand packages or not :p

Haha, no need to assault your mailman... it's my fault they're not in your mailbox yet!

But, I pumped out the assembled portion of your order tonight (just need to reflow, wire up and test them).  Then tomorrow evening I'll be redoing the test load boards (as I mentioned, I messed up on placing a trace and didn't realize it until I etched two batches  :().  I believe your order should go out Tuesday, so you should get them by later in the week.

For the rest of the orders, I'm going to try working on getting a few more orders done tomorrow night (hopefully up thru rog's order), to ship for Tuesday.  The rest (thru AMK) for Wednesday.

This should get me caught up on orders, and any others I get on top of the current should go out starting Thu or Fri.

Excellent - just didn't want the new mail person playing with all my dang drivers ! :p Thanks, man - you are doing a herculean effort keeping up with all this stuff :) It has NOT gone un-noticed, nor un-appreciated ! THANKS !

Couple of quick questions before I order....

I'm gonna be using one of the $50 DX 200 Reds as a host barrel for a long open can so my power supply will be the 2 rechargable CR2 batteries from DX (I think actual output is like 3.2-3.4v X2 so it would be around 6.5v).. Will this driver work ok with them? I'm guessing yes from what I've read but just want to make sure.

Also, I want an already assembled driver thats fixed at 430ma. Is this availible? And if so which option should I check on the order page?

Thanks

rkcstr

RattleHead said:
Couple of quick questions before I order....

I'm gonna be using one of the $50 DX 200 Reds as a host barrel for a long open can so my power supply will be the 2 rechargable CR2 batteries from DX (I think actual output is like 3.2-3.4v X2 so it would be around 6.5v).. Will this driver work ok with them? I'm guessing yes from what I've read but just want to make sure.

Also, I want an already assembled driver thats fixed at 430ma. Is this availible? And if so which option should I check on the order page?

Thanks

I replied to your email... so, your questions are answered.

rkcstr

Update from Post #2:

The first of the adjustable drivers have shipped today. I didn't get quite as far as I hoped I would for tomorrow, but I expect to get through glaserfan for shipping tomorrow. Hoping for thru AMK for Thu and through dylantrevors (currently my last order) for Friday. Thanks all for your patience!

If you have an order and your name isn't listed above, take a look at the currrent order line in Post #2.

Also, for those that have shipped today, I still need to get the instructions completed. I hope to have them available by the time you get your order, but if not, feel free to ask any questions about use or assembly.

SWEET ! I take it you got the little bug fixed in the test loads then - that is good news !

rkcstr

SenKat_Stonetek said:
SWEET ! I take it you got the little bug fixed in the test loads then - that is good news !

Yup... it wasn't really a "bug" rather a mistake on my part when I was adding a circuit trace before. I didn't catch it before I started etching the boards, so I had to re-etch all of the test load boards (I had about two batches or 60 of the test load boards etched that were wrong).