Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Merging with spectra forum

Razako

I don't see why some people are freaking out about scammers coming over. LPF has had more than its fair share of scammers and the other forums don't throw a fit saying "OMG LPF SCAMMERS COMING!"

Chad

thejunkmonger said:
can someone please tell me wth is SpectraForum.

It's just another laser forum. It used to be pretty big, but activity has declined over the past few months... Thus the merger.

I don't see why some people are freaking out about scammers coming over.  LPF has had more than its fair share of scammers and the other forums don't throw a fit saying "OMG LPF SCAMMERS COMING!"

Maybe because there are some of us who like to AVOID scammers? There's a lot of trouble to be saved if we keep them away from here in the first place.  ::)

Razako

Chad said:
[quote author=thejunkmonger link=1216261670/0#15 date=1216325297]can someone please tell me wth is SpectraForum.

It's just another laser forum. It used to be pretty big, but activity has declined over the past few months... Thus the merger.

I don't see why some people are freaking out about scammers coming over. LPF has had more than its fair share of scammers and the other forums don't throw a fit saying "OMG LPF SCAMMERS COMING!"

Maybe because there are some of us who like to AVOID scammers? There's a lot of trouble to be saved if we keep them away from here in the first place. ::)[/quote]
My main point was that you can't stick an entire forum into the scammers group because of a few asshats.

Razako said:
My main point was that you can't stick an entire forum into the scammers group because of a few asshats.

exactly. And i can admit that we have an asshat or two on SF, but they have been taken care of and have been banned. At least we ddidnt have people who generalize entire groups of people based on one persons actions. Otherwise everyone would think that everyone on this forum are scammers. I mean just look at this extremely long, 5 page thread about all the known scammers on this forum. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206787148/0

Although that list has a lot of proof backing up those claims, unlike the claims senkat has against me. Who did i scam? All your points are wrong unless you can name a person who has been scammed by a member of SF other than laser ben, who doesnt count because hes basically not a member again.

I feel like i have been scammed, because i have tried to sell things on this forum, and senkat comes in saying that i have scammed dozens of people out of thousands of dollars, but he never actually names a username, or any proof whatsoever. So i am unable to sell. All we have is the word of one person who cannot seem to control his mouth whenever my name appears, loves to generalize large groups of people based on absolutely nothing, prevents people from selling and buying, creates secret accounts ("riddle") and comes on swearing at new members with that account. and yet everyone still loves him. Is it because hes been here for so long, or has so many posts? Or is that how people expect a father should act.

Senkat do not reply to this unless you intend to apologize (unlikely), or to give 1 scrap of proof toward the many claims you have made against me and my friends (a name of the person that everyone on SF scammed would be nice). If any of this is against the forum rules, go ahead and ban me. I will go quietly and never bother you again if this is the case.

laserterd said:
[quote author=Razako link=1216261670/0#18 date=1216326366]

exactly. And i can admit that we have an asshat or two on SF, but they have been taken care of and have been banned. At least we ddidnt have people who generalize entire groups of people based on one persons actions. Otherwise everyone would think that everyone on this forum are scammers. I mean just look at this extremely long, 5 page thread about all the known scammers on this forum. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206787148/0

Although that list has a lot of proof backing up those claims, unlike the claims senkat has against me. Who did i scam? All your points are wrong unless you can name a person who has been scammed by a member of SF other than laser ben, who doesnt count because hes basically not a member again.

I feel like i have been scammed, because i have tried to sell things on this forum, and senkat comes in saying that i have scammed dozens of people out of thousands of dollars, but he never actually names a username, or any proof whatsoever. So i am unable to sell. All we have is the word of one person who cannot seem to control his mouth whenever my name appears, loves to generalize large groups of people based on absolutely nothing, prevents people from selling and buying, creates secret accounts ("riddle") and comes on swearing at new members with that account.  and yet everyone still loves him. Is it because hes been here for so long, or has so many posts? Or is that how people expect a father should act.

Senkat do not reply to this unless you intend to apologize (unlikely), or to give 1 scrap of proof toward the many claims you have made against me and my friends (a name of the person that everyone on SF scammed would be nice). If any of this is against the forum rules, go ahead and ban me. I will go quietly and never bother you again if this is the case.[/quote]
I think merging SpectraForum into LPF could help the Forum grow even more, and Laserterd I agree his mouth and Slanderism has to go; there is no place for such behavior on this forum or otherwise.

Congrats to C0ldshadow and everyone else that made this possible, Well done!  :cool:

daguin said:
[quote author=electron link=1216261670/20#20 date=1216331083] Slanderism

:-/ :-/ :-/ You're gonna have to help me with this one :-/ :-/ :-/
[/quote]

Slander:

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

daguin

laserterd said:
[quote author=daguin link=1216261670/20#21 date=1216331526][quote author=electron link=1216261670/20#20 date=1216331083] Slanderism

:-/ :-/ :-/ You're gonna have to help me with this one :-/ :-/ :-/
[/quote]

Slander:

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.
[/quote]

I know what slander is. I was wondering what a slanderism was.

Peace,
dave

lol i looked up slanderism thinking it was a word, and it wasnt so i just copied that. I didnt mean to slanderize your knowledge of words. ;D

Wow that is too funny, "Slanderism" is slang for "constant/continuous slanderous statements", spell check did catch it before I made that post but I let it go on purpose and still stand behind my spelling of it for it's purpose. I can tell just by looking back through the posts everyone knew Exactly what I meant.

So I don't think I needed to "explain" that word, I know many people that use it for the exact purpose and meaning; had it been a single time it would have just read "slander".  Since it was continuous rants & spews and not statements, that were slanderous; I felt my spelling was more appropriate as to the way many people express it verbally.  Had it been a legal brief or something like that it would have read "Continuous Slanderous Statements"
It's much shorter and faster to use the Slang term, anyone that knows the English language knows it's riddled with Slang terms that we use in our everyday lives.  I would imagine other languages are the same too, when using a translation tool it does make it difficult though.

Websters dictionary really should have that spelling added to it because take a look at the word "Patriot" now lets look at the word "Slander" so we have "Patriot and Patriotism" /  "Slander and Slanderism".

Many similar words in the English language have been updated over the course of time, and many new words added too.

While I spelled it this way on purpose, IF you look back through other Threads you can find Tons of spelling errors that you can easily then say "your going to have to explain that word to me".

I found though it sure did bring attention to this post, which I enjoyed reading.  :D

Cheers. <-- on no, what does Websters dictionary say about that word?  ::)

Hi everyone. I was a fairly prominent member on SF and hope to be the same over here and have many an intelligent laser discussion.

I don't see why some people are freaking out about scammers coming over.  LPF has had more than its fair share of scammers and the other forums don't throw a fit saying "OMG LPF SCAMMERS COMING!

I totally agree. Especially since we barely even had one real scammer on our forum, we had one person accused of being a scammer. Whether or not he actually was was never even proven. That's it. But I can understand if you don't want a flood of scammers that big coming over here. ::)

turtlecannon said:
Hi everyone. I was a fairly prominent member on SF and hope to be the same over here and have many an intelligent laser discussion.

I don't see why some people are freaking out about scammers coming over.  LPF has had more than its fair share of scammers and the other forums don't throw a fit saying "OMG LPF SCAMMERS COMING!

I totally agree. Especially since we barely even had one real scammer on our forum, we had one person accused of being a scammer. Whether or not he actually was was never even proven. That's it. But I can understand if you don't want a flood of scammers that big coming over here. ::)

Sweet.

Welcome! :D

Chad

laserterd said:
i can admit that we have an asshat or two on SF

Aww, you remembered me! :D

LOL, jk... I hope more than 2 years of NOT being one has quelled some fears by now...

Seriously, though, I'm glad that this is being accepted well. Now that I've noticed that some of y'all have got your post counts combined already... can I have mine? thank you. ;)

Things

I dunno why people are freaking out. The site isnt gonna change, and chances are, all the previous members of SF are members here anyway. Its just basically like LPF bought the domain spectraforum.com and linked it to here!

if it changes at all lets hope the drama gets cut to a minimum. if theres nothing i hate more its reading a post for info and having to deal with 2-3 pages of ppls arguing.

i must say the childish drama from some of the "adults" is the only reason i dont post as much.