Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Man sentenced for shining laser at copter

Grix

One would think a 52-year old with 11 lasers had more common sense than that..

I can only wonder with 11 laser at home if he was a member of the forum. I Hope he wasn't as we dont need Idiots like this apart of our community.

anselm

Even if he was, he won't be posting much the next three years.:crackup:

we all know cops can sometimes say something thats not really close to reality.
maby it was a friend of him he trusted or something.

because i would think someone with 11 baby's would have a descent set of brains...

or there were all shitty ebay lasers.

Ash

Strange. It seems this story just came out today, but in the article it says:
Sasso was convicted of shining a powerful green laser on the helicopter on Dec. 8, 2007.
Did it take over 3 years to sentence/arraign the guy? Or did it take 3 years for them to write the story?

I have family in Boston and I vaguely remember this when it happened. The court system in Mass. is backed up, so that it really could have taken this long for the trial.

1000th post.

Strange. It seems this story just came out today, but in the article it says:
Sasso was convicted of shining a powerful green laser on the helicopter on Dec. 8, 2007.
Did it take over 3 years to sentence/arraign the guy? Or did it take 3 years for them to write the story?

that just proofs the post above you also written by me.
dont believe everything you hear.

it might be a action just to let the high-in-law people know lasers sucks and hopefully ban them.

i wouldnt be suprised if 1/5 of all the final judgements from court are not fair to the person.

Benm

He was convicted of charges of willfully interfering with an aircraft operator with reckless disregard for human life, and of making false statements, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.

Hmm.. crime suspects are no longer allowed to lie when interrogated? America is a strange land :D

LSRFAQ

Hmm.. crime suspects are no longer allowed to lie when interrogated? America is a strange land :D

No, you cannot lie, but you CAN refuse to answer under the fifth amendment.
Lying to a law enforcement officer can be a crime in most jurisdictions, and lying to a federal agent, is, I believe, a felony.

Beware, Law Enforcement is allowed to lie in the course of a investigation.

Steve

Last edited: